Medical Faa Medical

Landon-Asche

Lurker
Are there different requirements for Air Traffic Controller Medical than pilots? Is there a different certificate or is it just a 1st,2nd or 3rd class medical certificate?

The ATC medical clearance is close enough to a pilot second class medical certificate that if you ask, they'll give you a second class while you are in anyway for the ATC medical.

The ATC medical clearance is close enough to a pilot second class medical certificate that if you ask, they'll give you a second class while you are in anyway for the ATC medical.
My understanding is it’s second class plus ECG.

When I started almost 20 years ago I seem to remember it actually being a Class 2 Certificate. Somewhere along the way it changed to an "ATC" Certificate. I might be misremembering but I think that's how it was.

In any event like others said, whatever it is now is pretty damn close to a Class 2, but possible a bit more strict.

I seem to remember at one point pilots started being able to take the handful of big name anti-depressants like Prozac, etc. but ATC still cannot. Something like that, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom