Recent terminal pass rates

julsown671

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Hi,

I am waiting for a class date for terminal and I am all in. My mind is focused and I am a person who if I don't even go and try I will always look back and regret I gave up this opportunity.

That being said I know there is some out there who are interested in the recent pass rates at the academy. If those who have gone through or are going through or are in the know could please update for those of us waiting for classes or have a TOL or CIL. That would be a big help as o know some already have great careers and don't want to give it up for something that has the odds against them.

Again, I am all in. But I am also curious to see the current trend.

Thank you!

Pull up the terminal placement list, under the slot tab sort to be able to see '0' then go back and look at the class numbers. Although they vary from time to time, most classes start with 18 people.

Within the last week or so a class passed 3 out of 17.... Typically I believe it is more around 60% but they've been struggling recently.

That's the word. But I checked the most recent terminal list and this seems to be a one off class. Unless the curriculum has changed.

The lists here won't have the historical slots. The database on the FAA intranet still does.

Hi,

I am waiting for a class date for terminal and I am all in. My mind is focused and I am a person who if I don't even go and try I will always look back and regret I gave up this opportunity.

That being said I know there is some out there who are interested in the recent pass rates at the academy. If those who have gone through or are going through or are in the know could please update for those of us waiting for classes or have a TOL or CIL. That would be a big help as o know some already have great careers and don't want to give it up for something that has the odds against them.

Again, I am all in. But I am also curious to see the current trend.

Thank you!
Last class passed 4 of 12.

Can't remember the exact numbers on previous classes but it was dismal.

Good luck.
Study for the exams and take a deep breath for the evaluation sim. You will be fine!

Last class passed 4 of 12.

Can't remember the exact numbers on previous classes but it was dismal.

Good luck.
Study for the exams and take a deep breath for the evaluation sim. You will be fine!

Thanks. actually already here at the academy and will be done with basics next week. moving across the street as they say. apparently 2 out of the 12 didn't go past basics so for the performance eval portion was 4/10. cant wait to start the sims.

Had a sup just come back from a class down in OKC and he talked to a few instructors. Seems the trouble with the kids down there now is that none of them want to remember anything so the instructors are stuck trying to figure out ways to teach them how to memorize things. 4/12 for terminal is just horrible.

Had a sup just come back from a class down in OKC and he talked to a few instructors. Seems the trouble with the kids down there now is that none of them want to remember anything so the instructors are stuck trying to figure out ways to teach them how to memorize things. 4/12 for terminal is just horrible.

So stupid. Literally the easiest part, IMO, is the memorization. Why is this suddenly an issue in the last few months? Doesn't make sense why classes at the tail end of a bid are suddenly performing much worse than those at the beginning and middle (namely the 2015 bid).

That's just sad people can put that little effort in when a fantastic career awaits. If you can't pass terminal at the academy you have no business being a controller. With a work ethic like that, washing them out at the academy is a borderline favor, just saving them from the inevitable.

That's just sad people can put that little effort in when a fantastic career awaits. If you can't pass terminal at the academy you have no business being a controller. With a work ethic like that, washing them out at the academy is a borderline favor, just saving them from the inevitable.

Well look at Parrott lol.

Thanks. actually already here at the academy and will be done with basics next week. moving across the street as they say. apparently 2 out of the 12 didn't go past basics so for the performance eval portion was 4/10. cant wait to start the sims.
Good luck dude, one week behind you.

Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but it's been a month and a half since this was started. Have the pass rates for terminal still been sorta sucky or have they improved in recent weeks?

Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but it's been a month and a half since this was started. Have the pass rates for terminal still been sorta sucky or have they improved in recent weeks?
Last two classes were 4/16 and 5/8, another class going through PAs next week and then another the week after that.

The 4/16 could have been 5/16 I don't remember, but it was one of those and either one isn't good.

Last two classes were 4/16 and 5/8, another class going through PAs next week and then another the week after that.

The 4/16 could have been 5/16 I don't remember, but it was one of those and either one isn't good.

Yeah, that's definitely not good. Same issue as previously listed (not studying/memorization) or other stuff? Do please keep us informed on how the next couple of classes finish up.

Yeah, that's definitely not good. Same issue as previously listed (not studying/memorization) or other stuff? Do please keep us informed on how the next couple of classes finish up.
There's a lot of speculation, main thing people say seems to be nerves and not listening to your leads. I'm in one of the classes, so I'll post my feedback.

Back
Top Bottom