En Route 02/22/2022 En-Route Basics

5quint

Hey guys! 2/22/22 on a Tuesday. Crazy.

I’m just making this thread to start a discussion as I’m sure there’s others who (like myself) are looking forward to the academy and just want to talk and plan a little before we’re even in basics.

Does anyone have any idea where they’re staying? I don’t have a car that I’m able to bring, so I was looking at Kim’s. They have a shuttle, and all my friends who have went through OKC told me it’s great.

Thanks for creating this thread.

There's a lot to look forward to, and I'm focused on lodging and transportation right now too. Since I won't have a car, I'm going to stay on the shuttle route. I do want to be near to classmates for studying and socializing, but I definitely need my own living space. So Kim's is out for me.

I was considering the hotels that offer extended stays since some have kitchens stocked with houseware items which allows me to cook for myself. Plus some of the hotels offer breakfast, even if it's a grab and go, it's still something before starting long days. And we might get to accrue reward points from certain hotels (hopefully).

Where are you coming from?

Thanks for creating this thread.

There's a lot to look forward to, and I'm focused on lodging and transportation right now too. Since I won't have a car, I'm going to stay on the shuttle route. I do want to be near to classmates for studying and socializing, but I definitely need my own living space. So Kim's is out for me.

I was considering the hotels that offer extended stays since some have kitchens stocked with houseware items which allows me to cook for myself. Plus some of the hotels offer breakfast, even if it's a grab and go, it's still something before starting long days. And we might get to accrue reward points from certain hotels (hopefully).

Where are you coming from?
Hey no problem!

Yeah. I’m good either way on living space, as long as roommates are cool with my wife visiting a couple times. I’m probably just going to go where most of my classmates are for studying haha.

I’m coming from Anchorage, that’s why I can’t bring my car. How about you?

Hey no problem!

Yeah. I’m good either way on living space, as long as roommates are cool with my wife visiting a couple times. I’m probably just going to go where most of my classmates are for studying haha.

Cool cool. Pretty similar reason for me not bringing a car. I’m coming from Hawaii.

There’s a cohort now staying at Residence Inn, the airport location, I think. They get to use the study rooms at no charge. I contacted the POC for that property to ask about the shuttle route and some other details. They might be within walking distance to a shuttle stop since hotels in that area are all pretty close from the maps I’ve seen.

There’s a user on another thread up selling Kim’s for study resources and groceries and pocketing more $$… and yet another user said that driving over from the hotel to a study group worked out without issue.

As long as there’s a shuttle stop near enough to Residence Inn, I’ll be there. And wherever you and the rest of the class end up, I’m sure we can figure out how to study together. While I think it would be helpful to be in proximity to each other with lodging, I think it’s more important to work together and support one another through an intense training program.
----------

Just talked with the POC for Residence Inn, Cindy Farney, and she was so helpful, informative, and kind. She said there’s a lot of trainees from multiple classes staying there. She offered to help me with a back up plan in case transportation without shuttle access doesn’t pan out. I would recommend that if you are interested to give her a call and ask her questions. In fact, any place you’re interested in staying, call the POC and discuss the options and your needs.

Last edited:
Hey guys! 2/22/22 on a Tuesday. Crazy.

I’m just making this thread to start a discussion as I’m sure there’s others who (like myself) are looking forward to the academy and just want to talk and plan a little before we’re even in basics.

Does anyone have any idea where they’re staying? I don’t have a car that I’m able to bring, so I was looking at Kim’s. They have a shuttle, and all my friends who have went through OKC told me it’s great.
I will be starting en route basics on 2/15/22 so I will not be in your class. However, I have chosen to stay at Kim's Place. I will have my own car with me but would like to save on gas and only use my car when I have to. I already reserved my spot as Kim's place. Not five minutes after I filled out the online application they texted me. They seemed very efficient and on top of things.

I will be starting en route basics on 2/15/22 so I will not be in your class. However, I have chosen to stay at Kim's Place. I will have my own car with me but would like to save on gas and only use my car when I have to. I already reserved my spot as Kim's place. Not five minutes after I filled out the online application they texted me. They seemed very efficient and on top of things.
Oh, that’s good know, thank you!!

Hey no problem!

Oh hey cool, I am also coming from Anc!

I am starting en route basics on 2/22 and I’m from OKC. Idk if I’ll be helpful but I’m familiar with the area lol

I am starting en route basics on 2/22 and I’m from OKC. Idk if I’ll be helpful but I’m familiar with the area lol
Awesome! Always fun and helpful to be around someone from the area. :) I am definitely down for being in a study group as well.
Super convenient for ya that MMAC is down the street. I would think it’ll play to your advantage since it’s familiar area haha.

Hey guys, since we are getting closer to the start date, I'm wondering if anyone has decided where they will stay yet, or if you'll be waiting until Zoom starts to see where the rest of our class stands on it? Also, I'm supposed to get my iPad tomorrow. Seems pretty early to me, but I'm not complaining haha!

Hey guys, since we are getting closer to the start date, I'm wondering if anyone has decided where they will stay yet, or if you'll be waiting until Zoom starts to see where the rest of our class stands on it? Also, I'm supposed to get my iPad tomorrow. Seems pretty early to me, but I'm not complaining haha!
Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of people from the class on this site. It might be better to wait until we’re able to communicate in class to discuss your question. Otherwise it’s the same few people answering…

Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of people from the class on this site. It might be better to wait until we’re able to communicate in class to discuss your question. Otherwise it’s the same few people answering…
No, I get that, I’m just thinking if some people had decided to go ahead and book their stay, we could try to get a handle on it. I heard that the places to stay book quick, and half of our class is on this forum :) Classes of eight now!

No, I get that, I’m just thinking if some people had decided to go ahead and book their stay, we could try to get a handle on it. I heard that the places to stay book quick, and half of our class is on this forum :) Classes of eight now!
What’s up, I’ll be staying at Anatole. Just booked it last week. I’ll have my car with me so good to meet up with anyone wherever for studying though.

Hi I am in this class also!! I will bring my car but I haven't decided where I am going to stay yet. I got the iPad last Wednesday and luckily it arrived fine as the box had never been taped closed! Has anyone else been virtually onboarded yet? We are getting close to being 2 weeks out so I assume that's going to be happening soon.

Hi I am in this class also!! I will bring my car but I haven't decided where I am going to stay yet. I got the iPad last Wednesday and luckily it arrived fine as the box had never been taped closed! Has anyone else been virtually onboarded yet? We are getting close to being 2 weeks out so I assume that's going to be happening soon.
Hey! I got my iPad last Friday as well. I was looking at the map, and it looks like mine may have an older map? It’s dated 2020, and has some points on it that look to be the previous AeroCenter map? I’m not sure, I’m not assuming anything or thinking I really know much about it, it was just interesting to me haha!

As for virtual onboarding, do you mean something like receiving an email/ zoom link and all that good stuff? I have not got anything like that, my last contact was for the EODs stuff and the iPad.

Yes in one of the emails I got telling me to fill out the EOD's forms it said the following: "Due to the current pandemic, you will be virtually onboarded. You and your
manager will receive a separate email with instructions."

Back
Top Bottom