En Route 08/07/2019

Three heads are better than one!! Have you guys looked at housing yet? I’ve been looking into sonesta, faacrashpads and 152west. I contacted kim but she didn’t have anyone from our class so I’ve been looking elsewhere at the suggestion of friends that already went through the academy.

Stay at Kim’s Place folks. I can’t/won’t speak about the other housing facilities.

I can say that my class started with roughly half the class living in Wild Horse and by the time basics was over, all but one moved here.

Her and John provide great value, are very attentive to any needs to maintain/improve you’re environment while a student. She provides practice boards for non-radar etc

I am in this class also. Open to housing options but would definitely like to be with the majority of the class for studying purposes.

Academy Advantage - wonderful, fully furnished housing provider catering to FAA students. Each bedroom has its own bathroom along with garage parking for your car. Full size washer and dryer and new furniture round out the unit. It is an easy place to live.

I am leaning toward FaaCrashpads due to grocery stipend. I will be bringing my vehicle so I don't need shuttle service. If others want to consider Faacrashpads at Clearwater, I don't mind driving.
Havent committed yet- it is just my top choice so far.

I am leaning toward FaaCrashpads due to grocery stipend. I will be bringing my vehicle so I don't need shuttle service. If others want to consider Faacrashpads at Clearwater, I don't mind driving.
Havent committed yet- it is just my top choice so far.

Is there anyone at the academy now who can confirm that this grocery stipend thing is actually happening? Last I heard everyone was convinced that there was no way in hell the FAA would allow housing providers to do this - it’s basically the definition of a kickback.

I checked out FAAcrashpads as well but I’m leaning towards Sonesta since they provide direct nonstop shuttle service as I won’t have a car.

Back
Top Bottom