Terminal 12/10/2021 terminal basics

Em.talbott

Lurker
Thread for terminal basics class starting 12/10/21 with projected academy dates 1/18/22-3/9/22.

Hello hello! Where is everyone thinking about staying, and will you be driving?

I’m thinking Kim’s place, and I am driving.

Looks like we're part of the same class!
Looking at some of the options, I really liked the way FAA Crashpads or Academy Advantage looked but that's partially due to them allowing dogs (I have a 5 year old Jack Russell) and having a fenced in backyard

Where is everyone else coming from? I'll be coming from Mid-Missouri.

Looks like we're part of the same class!
Looking at some of the options, I really liked the way FAA Crashpads or Academy Advantage looked but that's partially due to them allowing dogs (I have a 5 year old Jack Russell) and having a fenced in backyard

Where is everyone else coming from? I'll be coming from Mid-Missouri.
I will be coming from Louisiana. I think Kim’s allows dogs, you just have to pay the pet fee.

Part of the class! Excited to get the ball rolling on this. I’m leaning towards Kim’s place, if I can secure a spot of course…coming from ATL

Hey everyone just accepted my FOL for the December 10th class date. Haven’t looked at any places to live yet and don’t even know the options. I’m coming from Western MA. I might be driving down but it all depends on when I get my new car. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thread for terminal basics class starting 12/10/21 with projected academy dates 1/18/22-3/9/22.

Hello hello! Where is everyone thinking about staying, and will you be driving?

I’m thinking Kim’s place, and I am driving.
I've said this before, but I'd recommend Anatole or somewhere on S. Meridian Ave. Maybe see what some people have thought of the hotel suites over there (I've heard some even come with a rental car you can use). I've seen a few supervisors who are back in OKC for training that get off the shuttle at the suites, so I'd think they would know how to do it right. Kim's is a further shuttle ride. I had a classmate that was at Kim's and ended up transferring over to Anatole with the rest of my class.

Studying: I found, for terminal anyways, my class only did a little studying during the first few days of sims. Once you get a few days into the 13 days of sims, the speed of the sim becomes much faster than anything you can try to simulate outside of class using a whiteboard and coins. Anatole or the hotels would mean you would have a place to yourself, there's really no need for roommates (again, I'm only speaking for terminal). And you can still study over at one of your classmates apartments

Food: Kim's offers free groceries, but the list my classmate got was VERY selective. I used Walmart delivery at Anatole. $10 flat rate for anything you want (including frozen food and dairy). Not that it's the most important thing either, but Bricktown/Downtown is much closer to the Anatole area as well. Lot's to explore over there

Our class just finished and had guys staying in the hotels on Meridian as well as Anatole. Never heard of a rental car you can use. I strongly suggest taking your own car. At most, if not all the hotels, the conference room is free to rent and a great place to study.

I second the fact that studying together is only really useful once you start tabletops to practice the fundamentals. Once you get to the sim, it becomes pretty useless pretty quickly unless you have classmates that still need to practice the basics. You’re better off running questions/thoughts by each other and your instructors at that point. I will say though, that getting together after each block test in academics and coming up with a list of the questions/answers to study is very useful when it comes time for the comprehensive test. Do not lose points in academics for lack of studying.

Lastly, no matter how bleak things may seem, if you want this career —NEVER Give Up!

Hey everyone. I just accepted my FOL for this class, super excited. I haven't looked at places yet but I'll surely be driving down from Cincinnati.

My whole class went through Kim's place and had a great experience, living close. Plus, students create tons of study material and leave it behind after graduating. It's nice to pick up where they left off

Back
Top Bottom