En Route 7/31/2019

I just got this date. I will be driving my car there. I am currently exploring housing and am looking to save on per diem since I have a mortgage. I am considering renting a 2br apartment at Anatole and getting a room-mate.

You cant keep the left over housing Per Diem so theres no point in getting a room mate unless they give you food or something for having a roommate. I am staying at Anatole as well though, I'm not sure about barbaricyawp. I also will be driving from Tacoma, WA so its gonna be a road trip for me.

I Just saw that change. That stinks. I'll be looking for places that include food then so Kim's, IB, or faacrashpads so far. That's going to make bills pretty tight for back home.

I'll be driving from Morgantown, WV, so you've definitely got me beat. If anyone is roughly on my route and wants to carpool, let me know.

Last edited:
Well, my wife will be staying behind. She doesn't want to move twice in short succession. Additionally, I do have job options here as a fallback. Plus I do like this place. Nice half acre outside of city limits.

Yeah I’m in that same boat my wife and two kids are staying back and she also doesn’t want to move twice in a year. I also have my job here I can come back to as well so I understand.

Looks like I'll be staying at FAA Crashpads (Clearwater location). They are very close. I've heard many great reviews of their place. Plus the food stipend is a real perk with the new per diem rules.

If anyone else wants to stay there, please let them know I referred you.

Looks like I'll be staying at FAA Crashpads (Clearwater location). They are very close. I've heard many great reviews of their place. Plus the food stipend is a real perk with the new per diem rules.

If anyone else wants to stay there, please let them know I referred you.
Just curious... What made you not pick IB? They have breakfast and dinner provided I believe. Is it Bec of how far it is from class?

Just curious... What made you not pick IB? They have breakfast and dinner provided I believe. Is it Bec of how far it is from class?
FAA Crashpads has a food stipend, rather than prepared food. It seems much more advantageous to me. Plus I've heard bad things about IB, but that was several years ago and I'd hope those issues have been corrected by now. Additionally, I believe Kim's place has a better food option than IB as well, but I could be wrong.

FAA Crashpads has a food stipend, rather than prepared food. It seems much more advantageous to me. Plus I've heard bad things about IB, but that was several years ago and I'd hope those issues have been corrected by now. Additionally, I believe Kim's place has a better food option than IB as well, but I could be wrong.
Oh ok. Thanks for responding. Wish they offer shuttle as I prefer not to drive. I’m also bringing my black lab with me so I’m going to see which places allow pets.

Hello my peoples, Just got offered this class date. I am requesting an extension but we'll see how that goes. Most likely will be staying at IB

I got offered this a few weeks ago just seeing if anyone else is in this class yet?

Hi there! I got offered this class date as well about two days ago. Whats your guys experience with dealing with the housing locations so far? I think I'm probably going to get there a couple days early to settle in to Oklahoma so if anyone in this class would like to meet up before hand. Looking forward to meeting ya'll in the class.

Back
Top Bottom