Dismiss Notice
Much more information and resources are available to registered users. Sign up now to take full advantage of the site!

A80

Atlanta TRACON

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    The current number of CPCs is 68 as of the 14th of May 2016. If anyone has any questions about this facility, feel free to ask.

3. oc

oc Chow Runner

Have y'all had any success with the prior experience direct to facility hires? Home for me was just down the road from the facility and I have my fingers crossed to end up there. Any info is greatly appreciated!

4. MJ

It worked so well, they are not sending new hires to big tracons anymore.

zy and Robertb like this.
  5. oc

oc Chow Runner

That well, huh? Lol. After the NATCA message this morning, I'm just ready for any news and to work at any building with FAA written on it! Being back in the south would be nice though!

6. MJ

Well looks like I was wrong. A80, C90, D21, and N90 have all been seen on new offers. When this first started, the facilities had the option of taking new hires or not, however. But that may have changed since I last heard.

7. macatc55

macatc55 Chow Runner FAA

FAA Facility:
    MYR Myrtle Beach Tower
    RobertB....is the Faa sending A80 OKC grads??????

8. MJ

Not OKC grads, prior exp.

9. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    We are still being sent VRAs. No one from the academy is coming here for the foreseeable future. Another paid move bid is coming out soon or may have even just come out. I've been on vacation so work has been the last thing on my mind.

10. SugarFoot1

SugarFoot1 Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    LEX Lexington Tower
    That would be the worst thing possible for an academy grad

11. MJ

But.. But.. The ERR process works!

12. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    69 current CPCs
    1 of which is on national safety detail forever
    1 of which is on a two year TMU detail
    1 of which is part time
    9 of which are retiring/leaving from now until end of January 2017
    Thank God another 4 backed out of leaving this fall (2 D10, 1 to C90, 1 to N90)

13. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    3rd panel NCEPT eligible transfers with requests in for A80...
    L30 x 1
    MYR x 1
    CAE x 2
    MLU x 2

14. MJ

And 2 dudes from clt. I saw the atms notes and admire his persistence haha

Robertb likes this.
  15. Dolan

Dolan Certified

How are you guys getting these numbers?

16. MJ

He works there. I have ways :)

17. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    Because they put out a read and initial for people to comment on (controllers always do) and then management completely disregards it and selects or is told who is being transferred. It's trying to make us feel like we have a say when we don't. It's amazing how we can have 12/14 sup spots filled (85.7% staffed) with the 13th spot filled in less than two months from posting of bid until selection/sup showing up... Meanwhile, we are "settling" for people from lower level facilities since management can't get their act together and have a bid for us. Solution? Give every trainee, regardless of background, 300 combined hours on MCN and CSG, 200+ hours on Departure, 200+ on feeder, and 250+ on final!

18. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    Peachtree City is nice and the most expensive area in the vicinity of ZTL and A80. Fayetteville (south part) is nice especially along Redwine Road. Senoia is further out and less expensive. Tyrone is good as well and has the quickest interstate access of you want to get to ATL or downtown. Sharpsburg is between PTC and Newnan and has good housing choices. Newnan is the cheapest and also the furthest drive from A80 of the bigger cities around here.

19. STIMULATOR

STIMULATOR Certified

All of that makes sense. A buddy of mine is at a level 7 up/down and finished his tower training and non-positional radar positions within 6-7 months (they entered him into ~3 positions at once). He has been waiting around for RTF for the past two months. I can understand the delay in training and I'm not looking forward to it. The good news is that they don't seem to push people through training, unlike the route the wonderful USAF is going.

I'm familiar with a lot of those places. My brother lives in Marietta and we vacation there frequently. Does anyone live in the Marietta/Smyrna area or is traffic too much of a hassle? Newnan seems like a nice compromise for cost of living, drive time, and vicinity near downtown.

20. Robertb

Robertb Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    A80 Atlanta Tracon
    No one currently working here lives in Cobb County. It would take you over one hour to get to work. I-285 west side is doing a lot of construction. Also, the cost of living north of I-20 is expensive.