Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

TBD​
TBD​
TBD​

Local Area​

SubHeading​

Anybody from A90 here? I'm wondering how you guys handle your areas. Do newcomers get assigned one particular area, or does every controller work every position?

I tried to get to A90 a year ago or so and toured. They absorbed Cape Tracon and have “sectorized”the airspace. Now they pretty much have two areas you can be assigned. Each area will have a few overlapping positions. You will be assigned what they need most likely unless you worked Cape I would guess.

I tried to get to A90 a year ago or so and toured. They absorbed Cape Tracon and have “sectorized”the airspace. Now they pretty much have two areas you can be assigned. Each area will have a few overlapping positions. You will be assigned what they need most likely unless you worked Cape I would guess.
This. The two shared areas share Boston Departure. Placement is based on current need and training backlog.

Boston arrivals come from both the south and north. Both areas feed the final. Final is worked only by the north area.

Last edited:
There was an exception to the staffing number posted on this site for the most recent ncept. This is due to the high amount of trainees which puts the current number of CPC’s at around 75% (ballpark guess). Projected staffing is better, but the number is based on adding the combined facility numbers from the recent 804 process. It may not reflect the actual number needed when that eventually gets hashed out. TMU is not as well staffed, that could have a bid in the future. I don’t think a facility such as A90 would ever need a controller bid. High locality and low cost of living make it desirable without jumping through hoops.

Back
Top Bottom