Academy - What's next after the two online portions?

GoldenEagle95

My terminal class completed basics over a month ago and we finish our current online portion this coming Monday and I was wondering if anybody has gone through the process ahead of us and knows what is next?
Our instructor mentioned something about a rotating zoom call where we might join other people and they select who goes to the academy based on that zoom? If that's true, does that mean classes are being split up and you won't go to the academy with the same people you've been with since basics?

My terminal class completed basics over a month ago and we finish our current online portion this coming Monday and I was wondering if anybody has gone through the process ahead of us and knows what is next?
Our instructor mentioned something about a rotating zoom call where we might join other people and they select who goes to the academy based on that zoom? If that's true, does that mean classes are being split up and you won't go to the academy with the same people you've been with since basics?
Thats what we were told...only 8 of us in a class and 4 of us would be in an earlier class. So, yes the classes are being split up.

Our terminal class finished basics today. They split us up into 3 groups. 3 people got a January 6th Academy date, 8 people got January 21st, and 3 got January 26th. Until then, we are doing the two week online courses.

Our terminal class finished basics today. They split us up into 3 groups. 3 people got a January 6th Academy date, 8 people got January 21st, and 3 got January 26th. Until then, we are doing the two week online courses.
5 months of being payed 12 an hour?! ?

We got done with basics about 2 months ago and we're finishing the 7 week long online course where we got to choose between a 3 hour long morning or afternoon sessions this Monday. We weren't given any information on what's next or any academy dates yet, although one student got an estimated date for October.

We got done with basics about 2 months ago and we're finishing the 7 week long online course where we got to choose between a 3 hour long morning or afternoon sessions this Monday. We weren't given any information on what's next or any academy dates yet, although one student got an estimated date for October.

I'm jealous yall got to choose! We were just told we're in the afternoon session and I'm on the East coast so 12:30-3:30 is an annoying time block.

I'm jealous yall got to choose! We were just told we're in the afternoon session and I'm on the East coast so 12:30-3:30 is an annoying time block.
Can be like the west coasters in the am session. 6-9am. Oof
Edit: not by choice.

Our instructors seem to be pretty lenient when it comes to which session we want to go to. They don't care what session we attend each day as long as we attend one of them. So if we have something going on in the morning we can just go to the afternoon session that day without any problems.

So an update as to what ended up happening to our class. We got put into a rotation zoom class with about 20 others in the morning and I'd imagine it's roughly the same amount of people for the afternoon session. People will come and go from the zoom as other classes finish basics and as people get selected to report in OKC.
We're going to be doing this and going over the same lesson plans until we go to Oklahoma, which they didn't give us any estimate on when that would be as they don't know right now.

So an update as to what ended up happening to our class. We got put into a rotation zoom class with about 20 others in the morning and I'd imagine it's roughly the same amount of people for the afternoon session. People will come and go from the zoom as other classes finish basics and as people get selected to report in OKC.
We're going to be doing this and going over the same lesson plans until we go to Oklahoma, which they didn't give us any estimate on when that would be as they don't know right now.

Has anyone left for Oklahoma since this phase started (from your class)?

Nah my class just joined this phase as of today. My class probably won't be in Oklahoma until at least October/November if everything goes well.
I'm not sure how many people have left this phase to go to Oklahoma either

So update: Last Thursday some kids got a September 21st class date and welcome packets should be received by them soon. My basics class has gotten 2 different class dates so far. One kid with a "C" last name got October 27th while another with a "S" last name got November 12th.

So update: Last Thursday some kids got a September 21st class date and welcome packets should be received by them soon. My basics class has gotten 2 different class dates so far. One kid with a "C" last name got October 27th while another with a "S" last name got November 12th.
When was your original class date? If I'm correct, it sounds like I'm in the class after you. One of my classmates reached out and was told that his new OKC date was Nov 12th but no one else has been notified yet but we've estimated that it'll probably be Nov 27th for most of our class.
When were you notified of your class date? And did you have to reach out to someone regarding it?

When was your original class date? If I'm correct, it sounds like I'm in the class after you. One of my classmates reached out and was told that his new OKC date was Nov 12th but no one else has been notified yet but we've estimated that it'll probably be Nov 27th for most of our class.
When were you notified of your class date? And did you have to reach out to someone regarding it?
So each student that got those dates had to email somebody in order to get them. Our original class date was April 27th

Back
Top Bottom