Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

This probably isn't the appropriate place to ask, but what is exactly is a temporary bid?

This probably isn't the appropriate place to ask, but what is exactly is a temporary bid?

It's exactly what it sounds like, usually a 3 or 5 year assignment. It would typically end in returning to your previous facility or getting a list of other facilities.

Disregard his post. In this instance a temp bid (critical staffing) as it says is immediate staffing. Alaska gets slammed in the summer. There are 3 facilities that have a temp bid (180 days) to get through the summer.

How do you help when you can’t even checkout our at the easiest facilities in 180 days?

Usually it’ll be people that have been certified there before- someone who should be able to certify in a month.

For those that are interested.

This may be a dumb question, but why would anyone do this? Do they offer housing and/or per diem? If I'm reading it correctly, your pay stays exactly the same, the FAA doesn't pay relocation expenses, and the job can be terminated early at their discretion. So you'd have to find some sort of a lease or extended stay situation and pay for that in addition to your already-existing expenses at home?

This may be a dumb question, but why would anyone do this? Do they offer housing and/or per diem? If I'm reading it correctly, your pay stays exactly the same, the FAA doesn't pay relocation expenses, and the job can be terminated early at their discretion. So you'd have to find some sort of a lease or extended stay situation and pay for that in addition to your already-existing expenses at home?
Because summer in Alaska is awesome.

This is just a guess but since it's a TDY assignment I'm pretty sure the contract covers you not having to pay for housing. That's just a guess though, and as stated above I'd do it just because it's summer in Alaska.

And pay staying the same sounds pretty sweet to a level 9+ controller thinking about going.

The bid specifically says that those selected must have a gov card. Does that mean if they give you one for this bid you will miss out on the per diem?

The bid specifically says that those selected must have a gov card. Does that mean if they give you one for this bid you will miss out on the per diem?
No...per diem is given regardless of whether you have a travel card or not.

I'm putting in for this one, Juneau, and Fairbranks. I'd love to spend a summer in AK. Is the position for working tower only or do you get to work radar too?

That's like 60k per diem isn't it for ANC, 55k for AJN for 180 days... I'm buying a nice tent and sleeping bag for this trip.

No, per diem will be a little under $3k per month.

A11 is a separate facility. FAI is an up down. JNU is tower only

Any idea if I'd be working radars too as FAI? I suspect its just to work the tower but I've got CTO's and radars so was hoping I could do both, assuming I got an offer.

Back
Top Bottom