Annual Leave Buy Back Agreement

I've read through that a couple times now, and it's not making sense to me....
What's it mean to cancel leave and have the FAA buy it back?

They seem to be trying to protect for understaffing during the major Prime-time leave months (summer). The way I'm interpreting/understanding it is if you turn in that Prime-time leave and work, you:
A- Get paid as normal for working
B- Get paid your normal rate for all that leave you turned in, not to exceed 120hrs.
So you are essentially getting paid double for that day, or week(s) that you sell back. And that leave is then deducted from your pot as if you had used it.

Let’s say I have two weeks of bid leave (which I do). They want me to turn in (up to 120 hours aka 8 days) and lose that leave (have it deducted from my balance and gone forever) to get paid double pay for everyday I turn in and then actually go to work. So basically every single day you turn in and then work equals double pay, but it is also deducted from your leave balance.

Let’s say I have two weeks of bid leave (which I do). They want me to turn in (up to 120 hours aka 8 days) and lose that leave (have it deducted from my balance and gone forever) to get paid double pay for everyday I turn in and then actually go to work. So basically every single day you turn in and then work equals double pay, but it is also deducted from your leave balance.
Is spot leave a possibility? Like get leave approved now for July/August, and then after it gets approved turn it back in to get double pay? Or is spot leave not even an option?

Is anyone considering the buyback? Double pay sounds nice but it sucks to loose that time that you wont get back
Is anyone considering the buyback? Double pay sounds nice but it sucks to loose that time that you wont get back

Maybe a day or two here and there, but no one is going to give back say a week at a time. Time away from work is more important than double pay especially given that we’ve been on six day work weeks now for years.

Is spot leave a possibility? Like get leave approved now for July/August, and then after it gets approved turn it back in to get double pay? Or is spot leave not even an option?
I don’t believe spot leave qualifies. I think the leave had to be approved and bid prior to the start of the MOU.

As I read this I was thinking to myself that's really what all the people at those facilities want... more time at work.

Isn't 120 hours 15 days? Either way, wow. Would they have tried to cancel the leave you had bid if this agreement wasn't reached?

Isn't 120 hours 15 days? Either way, wow. Would they have tried to cancel the leave you had bid if this agreement wasn't reached?
Yeah, you’re right. You can tell how mentally I’m in it, on my ODO, this week after a double mid six day work week.

Rumor is that the agency just wanted it for N90 and some RVPs pitched that it could help some other facilities this summer and that’s how everyone got added to the MOU.

lol spot leave doesn't exist at these places

Back
Top Bottom