Anonymity

corn4ahead

Forum Sage
So why are most people reluctant to say what facility they work at?

Example:
“I work at a level 9 up/down in the southern region.”

Just wondering. I do the same thing.

Because of shit talking and views that some may not like. If I was a lifer and never planned to move facilities I’d care a lot less lol.

Gotta have some plausible deniability. Half the shit we say here wouldn’t be appreciated if we said it to Natca or the FAAs face. A way to blow of steam without having to worry too much about someone putting you on blast.

Gotta have some plausible deniability. Half the shit we say here wouldn’t be appreciated if we said it to Natca or the FAAs face. A way to blow of steam without having to worry too much about someone putting you on blast.
This is true, nothing I seen on here was beyond the pale but with today's ultra sensitive culture if might be better for everyone if everyone remained anonymous. Most here are newer in their career or looking to transfer, you don't want one vindictive Rep or FAA guy to take something wrong and hold it against you. Also did you see that kid get ripped up by his Fac Rep with the "have fun at RTF' blast, who wants to deal with that?

I’ve said in other threads where I work, I just don’t put it on my profile. A lot of people shit talk on here whether about, FAA, NATCA, Sups, or controllers who should shouldn't be controllers.... but that’s not in my nature. This Site is a good source of info. It’s also fun to read When I need a source of amusement..

This is true, nothing I seen on here was beyond the pale but with today's ultra sensitive culture if might be better for everyone if everyone remained anonymous. Most here are newer in their career or looking to transfer, you don't want one vindictive Rep or FAA guy to take something wrong and hold it against you. Also did you see that kid get ripped up by his Fac Rep with the "have fun at RTF' blast, who wants to deal with that?
Imagine being that guy, heard he had a blast until class was cancelled because of rona

Not if it was an up down, he’s probably staffing the tower ?
I wasn’t for the first month and a half, but now that I got my in charge I’m not a useless sack of potatoes just a normal one

At least he has a few free months off then for all the pain and suffering the Fac Rep put him through.
No our FacRep is dope never denied that

I feel like no matter what facility you work at, if people know what it is they will dismiss some of your viewpoints regardless of validity. Tracons vs towers vs centers is obviously one problem. Small facilities are looked down on by big ones, many big ones are looked at as scams. Unless you're speaking to a specific operation, it just seems like there's no advantage to disclosing your facility.

Back
Top Bottom