Medical Arrhythmia PSVT ATC Medical Clearance

nbc1179

Hey y'all. Wondering if anyone has a history or info on getting an ATC medical clearance with a history of arrhythmia? I was diagnosed with PSVT in high school - any episodes are infrequent, like 2/year and only last about a minute. I don't have any serious symptoms related.

I am also a pilot - I don't have a current medical but even with my diagnosis of PSVT I was able to get a special issuance (2 year) pilot medical certificate (back when I was attending flight school, 2013-2016) and was told by the AME that with my current conditions I would have no problems continuing to be medically certified and fly for a career.

Now that I'm in the medical clearance process for ATC, I'm looking for any help with this same issue. It would seem like since I was able to prove myself fit to fly - did a stress test and echocardiogram - that I would be able to get a clearance for ATC?

Last edited:
You should be fine. A good friend of mine had this same thing while we were both Active Duty AF ATC. He had to have surgery and everything to remove some node on his heart that was sending out erratic electronic pulses. He now works in the FAA and has been for the last 3 years. Good luck.

You should be fine. A good friend of mine had this same thing while we were both Active Duty AF ATC. He had to have surgery and everything to remove some node on his heart that was sending out erratic electronic pulses. He now works in the FAA and has been for the last 3 years. Good luck.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom