ATCSCC

Bilt2spl

Noticed there was no facility info regarding the Command Center.
There's currently a bit or was a bid as it ends today on usajobs.gov.
anybody have any info on what an average day looks like as a bargaining unit member working there?
do they work mids? how long is the training program? work/life balance? do they work a lot of overtime?
i'm currently a lvl 12 tracon controller considering making the jump but curious what it's like to work there.
what surrounding areas are good for families. i'm guessing the pay mirrors PCT. any insight would be helpful

Word on my end indicates (third party) that relations between management and BUE's is not the best. I would seriously taper your expectations, look up the rep who is in the command centre, and touch base. Just do not expect much, you are better applying for some GS-15 slots around D.C.

Noticed there was no facility info regarding the Command Center.
There's currently a bit or was a bid as it ends today on usajobs.gov.
anybody have any info on what an average day looks like as a bargaining unit member working there?
do they work mids? how long is the training program? work/life balance? do they work a lot of overtime?
i'm currently a lvl 12 tracon controller considering making the jump but curious what it's like to work there.
what surrounding areas are good for families. i'm guessing the pay mirrors PCT. any insight would be helpful
I have some info from a supe who works there.

Yes mids

Pay is DC locality

STMCs and TMCs have totally different roles from one another there. Closer to equal in numbers (4 supes, 6 TMCs staffed?)

It‘s 2152 good time, and it’s part of SysOps not ATOps and therefore not subject to the NRP/ NCEPT.

I cannot answer any more questions, this is my recollection from him trying to recruit me to apply for the last bid they had.

I would assume it’s possible to go back to a control job from there?

It’s possible to go down and be a cashier at Walmart after you are the store manager but why the fuck would anyone ever want too?
Some of us actually enjoy controlling traffic. I’ve never worked TMU but I was just wondering if there is a path back to ATC from command center.

Some of us actually enjoy controlling traffic. I’ve never worked TMU but I was just wondering if there is a path back to ATC from command center.
From what I’ve been told, yes, but…. This was the one trying to recruit me.

long story short I decided I didn’t want to live in suburban/rural Virginia so it was off the table. But good time and level 12 pay…

Back
Top Bottom