Basics final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saisai22

Question. For those who previously took the ATC basics final. We’re the questions relatively similar to the block test you take during the course? I just want a general layout of what to expect for the final. Multiple choice only / true/false / select all that applies and etc. thanks in advance

Question. For those who previously took the ATC basics final. We’re the questions relatively similar to the block test you take during the course? I just want a general layout of what to expect for the final. Multiple choice only / true/false / select all that applies and etc. thanks in advance

I took basics over zoom in March, the final was the same format as the block tests (multiple choice) though I did find it significantly harder (the block tests were easy as well.) Even so, no one had an issue passing

Reactions: KAB
Thanks for the info. I’m in basics now. I just wanted. General idea of the final. I appreciate it. Did you see some of the same questions from the block tests on the final?

The block tests were straight regurgitation from the lesson plans... same answers, same wording, same everything. The final test was a little sneakier, twisting things around so you actually had to think about what the question was asking. Take your time and trust your first choice and you'll have no problem passing.

The block tests were straight regurgitation from the lesson plans... same answers, same wording, same everything. The final test was a little sneakier, twisting things around so you actually had to think about what the question was asking. Take your time and trust your first choice and you'll have no problem passing.
Do the block tests count towards your end of course grade ? Or is it just the final that counts ?

As most people said similar in format but they were a little tricky. That’s not to say HARDER just a little deceptive. Take your time, read each question carefully. You’ll be fine if you paid attention (even a little attention) and study

The final test was significantly harder than the block test and there was actually one question that didn't have a correct answer. Just one answer was less incorrect than the others. I studied really hard for it and passed but there was a student in my class who failed basics.

The objectives at the begging of each section is where most of the questions seem to come from. At least that’s what we were told to study by our instructor and it seemed to work out.

The basics final is nerve racking cus it’s the first time in your faa career thst you can lose your job. It gets easier by like the 10th test/eval you can lose your job.

The final test was significantly harder than the block test and there was actually one question that didn't have a correct answer. Just one answer was less incorrect than the others. I studied really hard for it and passed but there was a student in my class who failed basics.
Were you in Zoom basics?

The only thing you are graded on is the final. The block tests are scored, but they don’t count towards the overall.
This is very helpful! I start enroute basics on Thursday and have been wondering about this. Does the basics final count towards you final in OKC?

This is very helpful! I start enroute basics on Thursday and have been wondering about this. Does the basics final count towards you final in OKC?
Basics is a separate course altogether. You may or may not be tested on similar items in your Initial En Route Course, but the Basics grade is strictly pass/fail (70%) and will not have any affect on OKC grading or placement.

Reactions: KAB
Basics is a separate course altogether. You may or may not be tested on similar items in your Initial En Route Course, but the Basics grade is strictly pass/fail (70%) and will not have any affect on OKC grading or placement.
Ah, okay. Thank you so much! I can't believe this is finally happening. I'm beginning to overthink the littlest things :rolleyes:

RTFQ (Read the Full/F*****g Question)
The BEST advice!!

Just finished online basics last week actually. It was mostly the same format as the block tests. All either multiple choice, true false, or select all that apply. Best advice I can give is to just pay close attention to the wording of the questions and read them all fully and carefully before answering, cause they will try to trip you up. I promise you have more than enough time to get it done, so take your time with it.

Also I'd suggest devoting a good chunk of study time to blocks 1-3. What I found is that I didn't have too much trouble with the questions derived from 4 and 5 just cause they were all pretty fresh in my mind at that point, but I was a little bit fuzzy on the earlier material. Might have just been me and your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.

Just finished online basics last week actually. It was mostly the same format as the block tests. All either multiple choice, true false, or select all that apply. Best advice I can give is to just pay close attention to the wording of the questions and read them all fully and carefully before answering, cause they will try to trip you up. I promise you have more than enough time to get it done, so take your time with it.

Also I'd suggest devoting a good chunk of study time to blocks 1-3. What I found is that I didn't have too much trouble with the questions derived from 4 and 5 just cause they were all pretty fresh in my mind at that point, but I was a little bit fuzzy on the earlier material. Might have just been me and your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.
Thanks for the advice. I just finished up on Tuesday. My whole class passed zoom basics. On to OKC now.

Thanks for the advice. I just finished up on Tuesday. My whole class passed zoom basics. On to OKC now.
I am really struggling with absorbing all the info. I dont know how I can possibly remember almost all the details in each block test. its insane to me and I need to know what i should be focused on study wise. Are the end of block tests mostly the basics final questions just reworded? as if can I pass the basics final by mostly studying the block test questions? Im on zoom do they do a lockdown browser or anything for final test like is it open note? how is the zoom test done and how many questions from the block tests made it to the basics final. I cant study and remember every detail. Thank you so much I am freaking out

I took basics over zoom in March, the final was the same format as the block tests (multiple choice) though I did find it significantly harder (the block tests were easy as well.) Even so, no one had an issue passing
if i study the block questions will that be enoufg to pass basics? Im having a hard time learning all the material. Seems like the info i study a lot for is barely mentioned in the block tests and random facts are. Im freaking out because I cant fail and I cant seem to remember 6 hours of info a day. Its also over zoom which is harder for me to learn. Any info would be greatly appreciated;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom