Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Does anyone have insight as to why CLE average training time is so long? It’s 3.25 years is the second longest out of every facility, 2nd only to ZNY.

Thanks

Does anyone have insight as to why CLE average training time is so long? It’s 3.25 years is the second longest out of every facility, 2nd only to ZNY.

Thanks
Don't put too much stock into those training times. I spent time at the third-longest training facility and myself and a few others all finished in about a year, but others took 3-4 years.

That's the way I look at it anyway since I've always been drastically under average checkout time.

CLE has recently updated their training program with reduced hours, but there are still a lot of factors affecting the training time especially in the future. There is a training pause for metroplex implementation until roughly October 2018. Section 804 is also happening next year and all of CLE will be training for quite some time on the new airspace along with the additional personnel being relocated from MFD and CAK, not to mention whatever other NCEPT or hardship transfers come through the door up until the cut over date. There is also a huge training backlog on top of all of this.

Anyone here currently at Cleveland or know how i can contact one of them? I'm a current academy student who has been furloughed and would like to be somewhat productive during this time and tour the facility. Thanks!

Anyone here currently at Cleveland or know how i can contact one of them? I'm a current academy student who has been furloughed and would like to be somewhat productive during this time and tour the facility. Thanks!
Tours are suspended until the government reopens.

I toured CLE and CAK a few months back and CLE is expected to go up to a 9 while CAK will likely drop to a 5. Word is CLE, CMH, and CVG will all go up to 9's eventually.

It was named after this guy, William Hopkins; who was on fleek in this pic. Based on pic alone; CLE is one of my fav facilities. Its a shame how the controllers there have been so badly abused by the unfair downgrades! Agency needs to #FIXIT asap.

William_R._Hopkins_ca._1924_%28Cleveland_Memory_Project%29.jpg

Hello I'm attempting to get ahold of someone at CLE tower. I'm looking to transfer to the facility if anyone has contact information for preferably the Facrep it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Wondering about the set up at cle. Are the tracon and radar in the same location? I thought it was set up where you worked tower and radar throughout the day but have been getting conflicting information about that. Are you assigned one or the other or do you work both? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Wondering about the set up at cle. Are the tracon and radar in the same location? I thought it was set up where you worked tower and radar throughout the day but have been getting conflicting information about that. Are you assigned one or the other or do you work both? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
It's all co-located. You work everything. Typically, 3 scopes are open during the day. They are the West, South, and North. West is the old MFD. South is the old Cak, and North is the "legacy" CLE position. North does occasionally get split into Arrivals and Sats as well. The tower is 1 LC, 1 GC, and a CD/CIC usually.

The facility used to be amazing but the rumors are that it has gone downhill since new leadership has taken over. There have been like 8-10 releases in the last year and it's not all because of people chasing money.

Back
Top Bottom