CO facilities

Plaaaane

Anyone know how hard it is to ERR to any of the CO facilities? Excluding Aspen and Pueblo. Before NCEPT I heard there was like 100+ people trying to get to DEN and COS. Not sure if that was true or not, but I was curious if it was still that bad and if ZDV and D01 were also difficult to get to. Thanks for any info.

D01 seems to be picking up people on a pretty regular basis these days. I think ZDV is full, in fact they've been letting a lot go over the last few panels. Overall though, CO is difficult to get into. How can you not like it here ;-). Just keep putting in for local facilities. Eventually you're bound to get picked up.

ZDV is picking up 3 this round. I was mostly wondering how many people will likely be competing for 3 spots. I know nobody knows exactly, but I thought someone might have an idea of how competitive it is.

BJC is normally the gateway people use to get into the area. Great view and on the brink of a Level 7.
Forgot about that one and Centennial, thanks for the info.

Colorado real estate has gone up a lot in the last several years, which might be taking away some of the competitiveness.

I would say that if you aren’t getting into at least a 10 or above out there, cost of living will be a bit more harsh.

However, that weather is awesome...

D01 seems to be picking up people on a pretty regular basis these days. I think ZDV is full, in fact they've been letting a lot go over the last few panels. Overall though, CO is difficult to get into. How can you not like it here ;-). Just keep putting in for local facilities. Eventually you're bound to get picked up.
D01 has only had a few selections in the past year and Den has had basically none. ZDV has had at least a few every panel but hasn't selected a terminal transfer since last September '17 so it's a huge advantage to be a applicant from another center. ZDV displays as 3 picks now but they just slowed down the NCEPTs so most of the center inbounds slots are given to new hires now. So ZDV is getting academy grads again at a steady rate. All 3 of those current slots will be gone by the November draft. COS and APA are 8s so they don't get academy grads so that's probably your best shot.
The housing market is absurd so it's one of the worst places in country to get value for your paycheck if you didint buy your property 10 years ago. But the CO facilities are all super competitive for inbounds still.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on the PPT for staffing information. You can sort by district. The project column's relation to national average (currently 90.0) is what decides inbound selections and they're currently very full.
APA 106.5
BJC 105.5
COS 98.7
D01 91.2
DEN 97.8
ZDV 89.2
So if they did the draft today ZDV would have 3 picks in round 1, COS would have 1 pick in round 2 and the rest would have 0.
9s and below can select up to 100 in round 2 so COS APA BJC will get 2nd round picks once they get below 100.

Their lists were long before NCEPT. Their lists have still been long post NCEPT. NCEPT hasn't changed the amount of competition to get into CO facilities all that much so go visit and see what the people who rank the managers ranking lists say as to what you need to do to get to towards the top of the list.

ZDV has had at least a few every panel but hasn't selected a terminal transfer since last September '18 so it's a huge advantage to be a applicant from another center. ZDV displays as 3 picks now but they just slowed down the NCEPTs so most of the center inbounds slots are given to new hires now

Last September 18? So like 8 days ago? The concept of ZDV not picking up terminal transfers is simply not true. It's easy to go back and look at the past NCEPT panels.

ZDV has also been showing up on Academy lists recently. There will be a need. How many of those needed slots are filled with acady grads vs ncept is the question.

Last September 18? So like 8 days ago? The concept of ZDV not picking up terminal transfers is simply not true. It's easy to go back and look at the past NCEPT panels.

ZDV has also been showing up on Academy lists recently. There will be a need. How many of those needed slots are filled with acady grads vs ncept is the question.
My mistake, 9/17 is obviously what I meant. But you knew that. And yes go back and look. The next 12 ZDV inbounds awaiting EOD are all from others centers. The concept of ZDV not having to take terminal transfers starting after September 17 is simply true. Facilities are allowed to rank however they want so they could take all terminal if they chose. There have been many adjustments to NCEPT and you're basing future opportunity based off old data that is no longer relevant.

The next 12 ZDV inbounds awaiting EOD are all from others centers. The concept of ZDV not having to take terminal transfers starting after September 17 is simply true.

I'm a terminal transfer selected at ZDV and currently in training. I'm not the only one either. Was selected since September 2017 too.

I'm a terminal transfer selected at ZDV and currently in training. I'm not the only one either. Was selected since September 2017 too.
You're the only one without center experience selected since September 17.
Should make you feel extra special.

Also you came from an 11 so that helps and isn't necessarily the same boat as other terminal applicants. Point is the way the system is now ZDV will likely always have more center applicants on their list then their number of picks. So you'll have to get them to rank you higher than center people or get lucky. Probably both.
If they open 10s up to 100% it'll change.

Last edited:
This is a stupid argument. There will be more slots once the FLM and TMU selections go off the books
My point is just that under the current context any slots at ZDV are likely to be filled with academy grads and center transfers. Which is important information to the OP.

BJC is currently a 6 fwiw.

Yep. NVT made us feel like we wasted our time with the upgrade process. Got an email less than 24 hours after our telecon to tell us we were being removed for consideration for an upgrade. Of course September TCI was back above the breakpoint...

Back
Top Bottom