Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

I was wondering if anyone who works here could give me a run down on the overall morale/training at this facility. I have a terminal TOL, and am from ga, so this might be an ideal first facility for me.

Since they are currently 117% staffed, would they even show up on the Academy list?

I was wondering if anyone who works here could give me a run down on the overall morale/training at this facility. I have a terminal TOL, and am from ga, so this might be an ideal first facility for me.

Since they are currently 117% staffed, would they even show up on the Academy list?
Your chances of going there are less than zero %

Download the terminal placement list, filter out the 8 and above, to get an idea of when they look send someone there. Depending when you go through, it could be offered. Its target is 7 cpc, so one transfer would make them eligible, and I can't imagine everyone wants to stay at a 4.

I know it's incredibly difficult to follow not having access to the data. The Priority Placement Tool was last run on 8/23. After that time here's how their staffing changed...
- 1 outbound person left
- One of their placement list inbounds arrived
- One of their trainees certified
- One person was selected for ZTL on the September NCEPT panel.

As MJ stated, the terminal placement list gets updated regularly to match the Staffing workbook. On the available academy list their spots are as follows...

If you haven't made it to the academy yet or do not have a date, the list will change wildly between now and then.

Thank you both. I won't hold my breath. It would be almost a two hour commute for me one way, but it probably wouldn't take long to certify. I'm waiting on a FOL now, so who knows.

And if someone picks CSG, the chances of it being available when OP is done at the academy are slim.

I took this into account as well. I was offered a class date today of 11/21. I'm setting up tours of both CSG and PDK, although I don't think PDK has been on the Academy list all year.

Last edited:
I took this into account as well. I was offered a class date today of 11/21. I'm setting up tours of both CSG and PDK, although I don't think PDK has been on the Academy list all year.
They just had two people picked up (one to A80 and another to ZTL). PDK is on the list for the next academy class.

Hello just an update as I am skimming through the forum for the first time in a while.

I am currently a trainee here at KCSG. We received 5 inbounds in the past 2 months which is unheard of at this facility. 2 were previous experience NEST transfers who have since certified while the 3 others and myself are still in training. We are set to receive another NEST transfer in DEC as well as a previous experience military hire in Feb. So, with the influx of bodies we recently received and more headed our way I wouldnt bank on coming here straight from the academy until some of is rotate out. The good news is we have current CPCs with bids out to other facilities that should be picked up soon, so keep your ear to the ground.

The training program here is what you would expect from a level 4 facility considering the amount of traffic you will see. But it is not lacking in any way as far as preparation for those surges of traffic that can humble and expose you if you are not ready. Our phraseology is crisp and by the book. Our trainers are both knowledgable and thorough. All in all I would say CSGT is a great place to start your ATC career but do not expect a free ride to certification.

Hello just an update as I am skimming through the forum for the first time in a while.

I am currently a trainee here at KCSG. We received 5 inbounds in the past 2 months which is unheard of at this facility. 2 were previous experience NEST transfers who have since certified while the 3 others and myself are still in training. We are set to receive another NEST transfer in DEC as well as a previous experience military hire in Feb. So, with the influx of bodies we recently received and more headed our way I wouldnt bank on coming here straight from the academy until some of is rotate out. The good news is we have current CPCs with bids out to other facilities that should be picked up soon, so keep your ear to the ground.

The training program here is what you would expect from a level 4 facility considering the amount of traffic you will see. But it is not lacking in any way as far as preparation for those surges of traffic that can humble and expose you if you are not ready. Our phraseology is crisp and by the book. Our trainers are both knowledgable and thorough. All in all I would say CSGT is a great place to start your ATC career but do not expect a free ride to certification.

Hi @expedited88,

Any updates on the staffing at CSG? I would love to get back to Columbus since that is where my family is located.

Back
Top Bottom