Current Rules (archive)

Not sure if this has been asked yet. I got picked up on the 2/15/18 Ncept from a CAT2 facility. My release date is 3/3/19. This is obviously over the 12 months stated in MOU. Still waiting for a response from HR and management about this. Anybody got any info?

3/3/19 is correct, that’s the latest anybody can be released under the Feb 2018 NCEPT being Cat 2. It says right on KSN. I believe it has to do with pay periods?? If you count out (27 pay periods) for this year, it brings you to Mar 2nd 2019 (Saturday) ending. Starting with pay period 6 (2/18/2018) of this year.

Last edited:
I was picked up in the 2018 FEB NCEPT, I had two ERR’s in. Is the other one still active or did it get thrown out since I was selected. I got where I wanted to be so there’s no need for it anymore. I don’t want it to be active and screw somebody trying to get where they want to go.

As soon as you are selected for one, all other err’s are removed. I’m not sure if that’s permanently or just for the bid. I would assume perm though.

3/3/19 is correct, that’s the latest anybody can be released under the Feb 2018 NCEPT being Cat 2. It says right on KSN. I believe it has to do with pay periods?? If you count out (27 pay periods) for this year, it brings you to Mar 2nd 2019 (Saturday) ending. Starting with pay period 6 (2/18/2018) of this year.

The signed MOU says 12 months nothing about pay periods. Seems like a bs excuse to keep you 2 weeks longer. Oh well not worth fighting it, at least I got the light at the end of the tunnel.

The signed MOU says 12 months nothing about pay periods. Seems like a bs excuse to keep you 2 weeks longer. Oh well not worth fighting it, at least I got the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hear ya man, definitely looking forward to it!! Slowly, but surely

The MOU mentions release policy for temp FLM jobs and details >180 days within the facility, but doesn't mention details NTE 180 days to another facility. Any idea how this would be handled? I assume you'd be taken off the books for your current facility and not be considered for NCEPT panels while on detail, but does anyone know for sure?

Let’s say multiple controllers were selected throughout the course of a couple panels. Staffing continues to improve over a few months. Controller A was selected in November, agreed to a release date the following October and wants to keep that date set. Does that “block” or stop controller B from getting an earlier release date if staffing allows?

Let’s say multiple controllers were selected throughout the course of a couple panels. Staffing continues to improve over a few months. Controller A was selected in November, agreed to a release date the following October and wants to keep that date set. Does that “block” or stop controller B from getting an earlier release date if staffing allows?

This happened at my last facility. Controller A was afforded the chance to move his date up but he declined so Controller B took a quicker release

I was picked up in the 2018 FEB NCEPT, I had two ERR’s in. Is the other one still active or did it get thrown out since I was selected. I got where I wanted to be so there’s no need for it anymore. I don’t want it to be active and screw somebody trying to get where they want to go.

As soon as you except your TOL all the others are deleted from the system. If you turn down your TOL (which it doesn't sound like you're going to) then the other ERRs would stay in the system.

Just wondering, if you put in for a level 9 or below whom is not selecting anyone in the 1st round and it goes to round 2, say there are multiple releasable people from different facilities that want it, how does the panel select who gets it?

They send out a managers ranking list to facilities picking up zero? I guessed that makes sense since as everything is "possible"
If a facility would be eligible to select people in round 2, the manager receives a list of all people with ERRs in for that facility to rank.
If a facility isn't eligible to select anyone, then there is no ranking list.

They send out a managers ranking list to facilities picking up zero? I guessed that makes sense since everything is "possible"
If a facility can select in the second round, they are still eligible to select and get a list. The facility gets a list as long as even one person is on the list.
If a facility can select 0 in the fist round and 0 in the second round, then they are not eligible to select and won't get a list. No matter how many people have ERR's in to the facility, no list if you can't select.

Updates in terms of the future of the NCEPT...

1. Although not directly tied to the NCEPT, they are looking to change CPC reinstatement from 6 months to 1 year.

2. They are working to adjust and tighten up the timelines in order provide a panel where...
A) Facility Priority List is Locked
B) ERR Submission Deadlines occurs after
C) Priority Placement Tool is locked
D) Panel occurs with the original Facility Priority List.

They said they are very close in getting this to happen. They tightened down the deadlines for the agency (HR uploads, Manager's Ranking List, etc) in order to make this a possibility. It's a huge step in fairness and once implemented, you'll no longer have to wait for the random roll of the dice facility adjustment prior to the panel

3. They are not close to changing the rules to staff 10-12's to 100% projected. If it ever happens it will not be a piecemeal approach (Ex. 10's staffed to 100% projected, then 11's or 10-12's staffed to 95% projected). If it occurs, they will all be staffed to 100% together. If I was a betting man, if the FAA continues to meet their hiring goals, we'll eventually hit a 100% projected national average and it will occur naturally.

4. Although far off, the N90 local bid has set a precedent that may be copied for these hard to staff lower level facilities. There are many facilities where the vast majority of the workforce has ERR's out. By hiring locally, they can increase the likelihood of retention at hard to staff lower level facilities.

Back
Top Bottom