Current Rules (archive)

Because it goes by submission date not seniority in that case.
Yeah that is the point I'm trying to make. Submission date deciding priority is wrong to the point of being an outrage. It should be seniority. For 2 reasons:
1.) Because it should just be seniority. Even without the presence of any other factors. This is a no brainer. Because it's more important that submission date.
2.) Because the submission date has no integrity. Even if you lived in bizzaro world where this date was more important than seniority it would still be useless because the process of ERR submission is inherently flawed.

Does anyone know how exactly facility priority is established?

My desired facility has been as high as 12 but as low as like 40-some in the last few months and I'm hoping it keep climbing so I can get selected. The priority seems to fluctuate a lot.

Does anyone know how exactly facility priority is established?

My desired facility has been as high as 12 but as low as like 40-some in the last few months and I'm hoping it keep climbing so I can get selected. The priority seems to fluctuate a lot.
There used to be a formula, but they took it down awhile back and even if it was still up, they tweeked it heavily 3 months ago and greatly decreased a TRACON's value to the system.

There used to be a formula, but they took it down awhile back and even if it was still up, they tweeked it heavily 3 months ago and greatly decreased a TRACON's value to the system.
Because the old wisdom of getting a radar ticket is completely worthless now. I feel like it has helped provide a backbone of knowledge to my 2 CTOs prior to the FAA, but what do I know.

Should've gone to BPT instead of an up/down

Interesting. I was wondering why a few facilities fell so far down a couple months ago. I'm trying to get to a center so that makes me feel good.

Devaluing large TRACONs is absurd. I hate to just keep crying on this board about things but what could the explanation for that change possibly be? Towers already had a massive advantage under NCEPT for both movement into and movement out of, even before the 'tweak'. A tweak should have absolutely had the opposite result. Their success rates are lower and their training times are way longer.

Devaluing large TRACONs is absurd. I hate to just keep crying on this board about things but what could the explanation for that change possibly be? Towers already had a massive advantage under NCEPT for both movement into and movement out of, even before the 'tweak'. A tweak should have absolutely had the opposite result. Their success rates are lower and their training times are way longer.
Preaching to the choir. The NCEPT should be locked in at
1. N90
2. C90
3. A80
4. I90

For the foreseeable future

Eligibility
Facility must be cat1 or cat2. Selections can be made from a facility

red: more than 5% below the national average
green: within 5% of the national average, above or below
yellow: more than 5% above the national average

Is green the new yellow, or yellow the new green?

If DEN is higher priority than MSY... And I have both filed, will I even be looked at for MSY if I dont get picked up at DEN? DEN only 1 available gain and MSY 4.

Yeah... So basically I have DEN in and if it stays up at the top, I will be the only one with a chance to go anywhere, whether it be denver or any of my other places? Even if a person behind me has a chance to go to d10 I could end up at the last priority place instead of them going to something between denver and the bottom? This gets more and more confusing by the day.

Yeah... So basically I have DEN in and if it stays up at the top, I will be the only one with a chance to go anywhere, whether it be denver or any of my other places? Even if a person behind me has a chance to go to d10 I could end up at the last priority place instead of them going to something between denver and the bottom? This gets more and more confusing by the day.
No. Each gaining facility is evaluated separately. You don't get a release "saved" for you simply because you tried to go to a higher priority facility and weren't selected.

Eligibility
Facility must be cat1 or cat2. Selections can be made from a facility

red: more than 5% below the national average
green: within 5% of the national average, above or below
yellow: more than 5% above the national average

Is green the new yellow, or yellow the new green?
I don't get the question. Nothing changed.

You do realize DEN is consistently the highest sought ERR in the country...
I think there are quite a few "green" facilities with people in for DEN. I know of 4 people at one "green" facility alone.

You do realize DEN is consistently the highest sought ERR in the country...
I think there are quite a few "green" facilities with people in for DEN. I know of 4 people at one "green" facility alone.
Yes I realize that. Probably 50+ people gunning for that 1 possible gain. I hope whoever gets to go loves it there and checks out quickly.

Whoever gets that Denver spot will be at least one of a few things a) currently working at an 11-12 tower b) an old 'feeder' facility in the district (APA) c) a close friend of the ATM

Back
Top Bottom