Debt ceiling

Atc12345

Just curious if anyone has received guidance on the upcoming debt ceiling situation? Though A46/47 would probably best case scenario, it would be nice if the union has a plan. Not sure if the funding through the year counts in this scenario.

I mean they’re the people we pay to collaborate, so I would expect something. I get they have zero control over what happens, but what to expect worse case scenario would be nice. If the govt goes broke, they could just break the contract and lay us off.

I mean they’re the people we pay to collaborate, so I would expect something. I get they have zero control over what happens, but what to expect worse case scenario would be nice. If the govt goes broke, they could just break the contract and lay us off.
The government would not go broke it would only be able to spend up to the money it brings in in taxes (crazy right, only being able to spend what you have). But anyway, the guidance is to have two or three checks worth of money in an emergency fund if there is a lapse in payment and you have to wait 2-6 weeks to get it settled and the back pay.

The government would not go broke it would only be able to spend up to the money it brings in in taxes (crazy right, only being able to spend what you have). But anyway, the guidance is to have two or three checks worth of money in an emergency fund if there is a lapse in payment and you have to wait 2-6 weeks to get it settled and the back pay.
To be clear I’m “pretty sure” they’ll pass this thing and it won’t be an issue, but in the off chance they don’t, by broke I mean they’ll have to prioritize the spending. They’ll stick with Medicare, social security, and the DOD for as long as possible. If they decide to pay the interest on the debt that’s another ~500 billion. That’s the majority of the “taxes” brought in with very little left over. So the scenario you’re painting is your average govt shutdown where the budget is concerned. This would be defaulting on the debt, turning off the money printer, with no one buying US treasuries.

No one really knows because this has never happened. This will inevitably be different than a Government Shutdown. Probably more like sequestration. Expect pizza from Canada.
I agree definitely uncharted territory. That why I was hoping someone heard something. We get emails when the govt is going to shut down but I haven’t seen anything about the debt ceiling. At least the pizza will be flowing. 🇺🇸

They collaborate with the FAA. Not the terroristic Republicans

Doesn’t work so well when you constantly cut taxes

lol here come the ignorant attacks on solely republicans.

both parties hate you. once you accept that, you'll be happier.

EDIT: i'm not acknowledging parties like libertarians or green party, because they truly do not count when it comes down to things.
Republicans are the ones trying to tie a budget to an unrelated bill. The dems don’t want to tie anything to it.

Regardless who is to blame, we are the ones that’ll suffer. Would the money allocated to us through the end of the year keep us afloat and they start the furlough/RIF or just all dry up immediately? I know it seems like fear mongering but these are the questions that matter if this all goes tits up.

Regardless who is to blame, we are the ones that’ll suffer. Would the money allocated to us through the end of the year keep us afloat and they start the furlough/RIF or just all dry up immediately? I know it seems like fear mongering but these are the questions that matter if this all goes tits up.
No one knows what will happen. But there won’t be enough money if they can’t sell new bonds.

No one knows what will happen. But there won’t be enough money if they can’t sell new bonds.
I’ll try not to antagonize or come off sarcastic, but isn’t that what a union should be trying to figure out? Maybe they are, I really don’t know but if I’m asking these questions I’m sure others are wondering the same thing. Both sides seem dumb enough to let us default.

I’ll try not to antagonize or come off sarcastic, but isn’t that what a union should be trying to figure out? Maybe they are, I really don’t know but if I’m asking these questions I’m sure others are wondering the same thing. Both sides seem dumb enough to let us default.
No the union should be negotiating our contract with the FAA. Not trying to end around them and talk to politicians.

No the union should be negotiating our contract with the FAA. Not trying to end around them and talk to politicians.
I’m pretty sure that’s what the PAC is for and they talk to them all the time when a shutdown is possible. But what I meant was for the union to talk with the FAA on what their plan is going forward. In 90 days they could start RIF if they wanted, so it’d be nice to know what their plan is (which is probably nothing at all) if SHTF.

I’m pretty sure that’s what the PAC is for and they talk to them all the time when a shutdown is possible. But what I meant was for the union to talk with the FAA on what their plan is going forward. In 90 days they could start RIF if they wanted, so it’d be nice to know what their plan is (which is probably nothing at all) if SHTF.
Could you imagine a RIF heading into summer when no one in my area has had more than a single 2 day weekend they didn’t bid off so far. Maybe if they put us on 7 12s

Back
Top Bottom