Developmental ERR

FightClubFendy

FAA
Facility
ZFW Ft. Worth Center
Useless developmental checking in here. Once your err is submitted to the region of the transfer, can people at your current facility see that submission or are they notified of the submission? (of course they're notified if you move on in the selection process but prior to that?) I've heard stories of how one's training progresses or lack thereof once they know u want to leave...

Useless developmental checking in here. Once your err is submitted to the region of the transfer, can people at your current facility see that submission or are they notified of the submission? (of course they're notified if you move on in the selection process but prior to that?) I've heard stories of how one's training progresses or lack thereof once they know u want to leave...
Nobody is notified except you when HR receives it. The first notification will be by the NATCT REP or ATM if a facility calls to ask about you. Or you can just let them see you filling out the paperwork in the break room or faxing it then the whole facility will kno by the end of the day

A lot depends on your management. Your ERR must be signed by a Rating Official, usually a FLM. So at least one will know, and could tell others as well. I would assume that all of management will know. They might keep it to themselves, depends on the management relations.

Given that the FLM responsible for your certification is the one who needs to sign your forms, I'd assume the entire facility would know by the end of the day.
That's right, forgot about that. I would ask them to keep it anonymous if you really didn't want people knowing. Then again, being a Dev might look bad to your sup when your requesting to ERR before being CPC. I know I wouldn't do it but that's a personal decision.

Asking for a friend's son who is in training... can a developmental who is halfway done with training submit an ERR and possibly get picked up before his next stage of training?

Asking for a friend's son who is in training... can a developmental who is halfway done with training submit an ERR and possibly get picked up before his next stage of training?
Anyone can submit an ERR. Given the state of the NCEPT, how many facilities are eligible, and how close the majority of facilities are to the national average, I would be shocked if a developmental was ever selected via an ERR again.

Yes. Possibly it could happen. It could also possibly happen midway through his next stage of training. It could also possibly happen the day he CPC's. I don't think there's a set time frame on that stuff. It's all just kind of at the mercy of numbers and a magic ball.

Anyone can submit an ERR. Given the state of the NCEPT, how many facilities are eligible, and how close the majority of facilities are to the national average, I would be shocked if a developmental was ever selected via an ERR again.

What if he submits an ERR for LAX? How likely would it be that he would be selected since they are short staffed?

What if he submits an ERR for LAX? How likely would it be that he would be selected since they are short staffed?
I'm sure there will be plenty of CPCs that will bid for those spots. Developmentals are not supposed to be considered until after all CPCs have been selected or considered

When they say release dates are based on seniority in the MOU are they talking about NATCA seniority or who submitted first?
If they wanted it to be decided based on who submitted first, they would have worded it like Section 13-H of the ERR MOU;
"In the
event more than one (1) employee is selected for the same facility, release
dates shall be determined in order of receipt of the ERR/Merit Promotion
Program (MPP) package at the servicing HR office."
Seniority and submission dates are two different things.

Yes. Possibly it could happen. It could also possibly happen midway through his next stage of training. It could also possibly happen the day he CPC's. I don't think there's a set time frame on that stuff. It's all just kind of at the mercy of numbers and a magic ball.

I have herd that accepting an err as a developmental counts as a training failure.

Could have been someone blowing smoke up my south pole, but something worth looking into.

I have herd that accepting an err as a developmental counts as a training failure.

Could have been someone blowing smoke up my south pole, but something worth looking into.
To the best of my knowledge, everything short of full certification is considered a training failure, regardless of what it is.

I can also verify with 100% certainty that it is labeled as a training failure. Looking at the old data it doesn't matter if you ERR-ed, Hardshipped, or Retired, anything that doesn't result in certification is listed as a training failure.

Where this could realistically come into play is with regards to Article 61, Section 3...

An employee failing to reach facility certification at two (2) consecutive
facilities, whether due to failing training or withdrawing prior to
certification, may be eligible for retention. After achieving facility
certification and entering a new assignment requiring training, the
employee commences training with a “clean slate.”

Last few posts here have some good info. I ERR'd as a Developmental under the old system to get out of a toxic first facility* and it did count as a training failure. I recently withdrew from training at another facility and it also counted as a training failure. Obviously both were my choice, but it doesn't matter for the books.

With the new system, I haven't heard of any Dev ERRs being accepted, so it's a shot in the dark as to whether it would work.

*The release of the actual certification success rates earlier this summer was a great vindication for my experience at that facility. The level 6 up/down I got out of is in the bottom 4 of all level 6s, with a ~50% certification rate...It's good to know that you weren't the problem after all.

I believe on the panel before last a developmental was selected for one of the centers when they didn't select all the CPCs they could have. Don't quote me lol, I don't have the NCEPT minutes with me.

Back
Top Bottom