Deviation process

jetslinga1992

I applied for a TMU position and the facility was trying to pick me up but we are not category 1 or 2 so it went to the deviation process. Was told I can’t get picked up. Just curious how exactly the deviation process/rounds work.

I applied for a TMU position and the facility was trying to pick me up but we are not category 1 or 2 so it went to the deviation process. Was told I can’t get picked up. Just curious how exactly the deviation process/rounds work.
They say it’s based on “Agency need” which basically means a less qualified person who is available will be offered the position especially if you’re at a high level, short staffed facility.

If the facility has pull, it’ll be approved. If the person applying has connections, it’ll be approved.

Anyone have any info. on how the deviation process actually works? I get that knowing people helps, but what sort of facilities have “pull”- Centers? Tracons that are hurting (like N90)? If your facility isn’t a CAT 1 or CAT 2 release, are you unlikely to get the deviation approved?

Nope your level 12 experience will hold nothing against the fully staffed 5 vfr tower.
Then they'll walk over and tell you how many more planes you can take in swap and why

Back
Top Bottom