Drinking on the job.

DessertDesert

Had to make an account as I was interested if anyone heard anything about a controller drinking/drunk on the mid at ZSE? I've just heard it second hand so I'm not sure of the legitimacy of the rumor.

Fair enough.. but from what I've heard She showed up acting differently. Controllers asked the sup to monitor her and he pulled her off position. It wasnt until the next morning she blew a 0.08. I havnt heard anything else. What would the next steps be if NATCA fought for her? Didnt the LAS chick resign instead of getting fired?

With the LAS chick all NATCA did was make sure the FAA followed the rules. I wouldn’t say they fought “for” her.

It’s still sad the LAS chick put so many lives in danger and some form of punishment wasn’t pursued. Crazy it didn’t hit the news. Pilot shows up in the same condition and... pays for the mistake. But with the stuff I’ve seen over my short 7 years in the agency I’m not really surprised.

I did see ATSAP come down and tell management to decertify someone a few months back... progress?

It’s still sad the LAS chick put so many lives in danger and some form of punishment wasn’t pursued. Crazy it didn’t hit the news. Pilot shows up in the same condition and... pays for the mistake. But with the stuff I’ve seen over my short 7 years in the agency I’m not really surprised.

I did see ATSAP come down and tell management to decertify someone a few months back... progress?
Pretty sure ATSAP can only recommend skill enhancement training

Last edited:
It’s still sad the LAS chick put so many lives in danger and some form of punishment wasn’t pursued. Crazy it didn’t hit the news.

My scumbag FacRep puts lives at risk every day for forcing us to work the 1-6-mid...

Wouldn't that be some shit if it hit the news.

What is 1-6-mid?

It's where you get paid $70/hr to sell your soul and die 10 years earlier than you're supposed to, ignore all recommendations from NASA's $1m study on controller fatigue, and work traffic with less than 10 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period all so some senior cucks get to see their kids for a few more hours a week or some shit.

Or not, what the fuck do I know. I knew the risks taking the job, it's too hard for the dude who gets 2 detail days a month to make the 7-6-mid work, we have too much of a traffic imbalance to run week of days/week of nights, we dont have staffing to run straight mid lines, we dont have staffing to run an AWS, we have the staffing to do rotating RDOs but the FacRep has determined that the more senior controllers wouldn't appreciate such treatment and he likes the taste of their balls in his mouth, shut the fuck up and gobble up your Wed/Thu RDOs for the next 8 years you scumfuck etc. etc. canned excuse.

I don't have the seniority or mental capacity to comment on such issues.

Wait is this the "grind my gears" thread?

It's where you get paid $70/hr to sell your soul and die 10 years earlier than you're supposed to, ignore all recommendations from NASA's $1m study on controller fatigue, and work traffic with less than 10 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period all so some senior cucks get to see their kids for a few more hours a week or some shit.

Or not, what the fuck do I know. I knew the risks taking the job, it's too hard for the dude who gets 2 detail days a month to make the 7-6-mid work, we have too much of a traffic imbalance to run week of days/week of nights, we dont have staffing to run straight mid lines, we dont have staffing to run an AWS, shut the fuck up and gobble up your Wed/Thu RDOs for the next 8 years you scumfuck etc. etc. canned excuse.

I don't have the seniority or mental capacity to comment on such issues.

I want to say he's saying day 3 is a 1 pm shift, day 4 is a 6 am and that night the mid. That's crazy harsh. Eve, eve, day, day, mid sucks enough.

.... we have too much of a traffic imbalance to run week of days/week of nights, we dont have staffing to run straight mid lines, we dont have staffing to run an AWS, we have the staffing to do rotating RDOs....

How many people bid? Have a copy of last years schedule? Love to see how it plays out.

How many people bid? Have a copy of last years schedule? Love to see how it plays out.
28 or so. We were 4-3-1-6-mid last year, membership voted for 3-1-7-6-mid this year because, you know, extra sleep is probably more conducive to separating air traffic...FacRep said schedule was unworkable and we were reverting back to the 1-6-mid and go fuck yourself to those of you who voted.

28 or so. We were 4-3-1-6-mid last year, membership voted for 3-1-7-6-mid this year because, you know, extra sleep is probably more conducive to separating air traffic...FacRep said schedule was unworkable and we were reverting back to the 1-6-mid and go fuck yourself to those of you who voted.
Dude, you get more night differential with the 1pm vs 7am, why would you not want to work that?

Back
Top Bottom