En Route Enroute Basics 03/11/2020

Gooni79

Expected end date on FOL said 07/08/2020
I'm planning on staying at Kim's.
I'll be coming from Albuquerque, NM

Just got the email for this class date. Looking at either doing Kims or Anatole. Coming from Raleigh, NC and bringing a cat with me.

Hi everyone, looks like i'll be joining you down in OKC for these dates/class. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone! I'll be driving down from Norfolk, VA, seems that a few of us coming out from the east coast.

As for housing, I considered Kims but I ended up booking through 'faarooms' (faarooms.com) for Anatole. Of the top of their head, they did have one other room available for our dates with another one opening up on March 13th. So it would be about 2-3 days in a hotel if someone wanted to wait for that room. From what I understood, Anatole has a few housing companies that work with them and have their own selection of units. I went with 'faarooms', so another company may have other units available.

Since I will be driving, if we did study sessions over in Kims area, i'd be happy to make the drive. Besides, since we're so far out from the start date, I can always change my lodging to Kims depending on the circumstances. Plenty of time to figure things out!

Since I will be driving, if we did study sessions over in Kims area, i'd be happy to make the drive. Besides, since we're so far out from the start date, I can always change my lodging to Kims depending on the circumstances. Plenty of time to figure things out!
Yeah. I tried doing it through A&T, but when they said I'd be put on a waitlist I just decided screw it, people are already booking at Kims so I'll just see about staying there. She texted me like two hours so it was quick and easy. It seems Kims and Anatole at MacArthur really arent far apart anyway.

Yeah. I tried doing it through A&T, but when they said I'd be put on a waitlist I just decided screw it, people are already booking at Kims so I'll just see about staying there. She texted me like two hours so it was quick and easy. It seems Kims and Anatole at MacArthur really arent far apart anyway.

Yeah, it's weird how they have multiple agencies working the same apartment complex with access to different units. With two months out, I am sure more people will drop in and give all of us a better idea of where the majority will be staying (my bet is on Kims).

Hey guys, I am confirmed at Kim's! If you add her on facebook she started a group message for us.. or if you guys prefer a group page we could do that as well. Still have quite a ways to go.

Stick together. Having a roommate isn’t bad. Suck it up because you’re going to be with the same people for 4 months.

Hi everyone, I got this class date as well. Still deciding where to stay at though.

Welcome! It seems that it's been between Anatole and Kims so far. I really haven't looked at any of the other locations, but I know you can't go wrong with those two. Both have the pros/cons to one another. As far as Anatole, I know they have different agencies that help slot people for that location. I went through faarooms, and I believe there is A&T. Each one has different availability, so it's best to call around and see your options depending on what you're looking for.

Hey guys, I am confirmed at Kim's! If you add her on facebook she started a group message for us.. or if you guys prefer a group page we could do that as well. Still have quite a ways to go.

I'm probably the outcast of not having a Facebook, haha. Maybe we can start a group chat through Discord or something similar? Whatever is easiest, like Gooni said, quite a ways to go! Debating on when to drop my two weeks notice for my current job.

I'm probably the outcast of not having a Facebook, haha. Maybe we can start a group chat through Discord or something similar? Whatever is easiest, like Gooni said, quite a ways to go! Debating on when to drop my two weeks notice for my current job.
Yeah, I reactivated my facebook just for Kim's. But if we've got people staying at multiple places it'd make sense for us all to just start a discord or slack or something.
As for the resignation notice, I got the email on Thursday and told my work on Tuesday. I know everyone's work situation is different, but my job has treated me really well, and the owners and my manager are all good people, so I wanted to give everyone as much time as possible to find a replacement and train them up.

Welcome! It seems that it's been between Anatole and Kims so far. I really haven't looked at any of the other locations, but I know you can't go wrong with those two. Both have the pros/cons to one another. As far as Anatole, I know they have different agencies that help slot people for that location. I went through faarooms, and I believe there is A&T. Each one has different availability, so it's best to call around and see your options depending on what you're looking for.

Thanks. I’ll keep checking for availability. I am leaning more toward Anatole and would probably uber over or something if we do study sessions at Kim’s.

Yeah, I reactivated my facebook just for Kim's. But if we've got people staying at multiple places it'd make sense for us all to just start a discord or slack or something.
As for the resignation notice, I got the email on Thursday and told my work on Tuesday. I know everyone's work situation is different, but my job has treated me really well, and the owners and my manager are all good people, so I wanted to give everyone as much time as possible to find a replacement and train them up.

I rarely use my Facebook, so I’m fine with a group chat on Discord or Line if anyone uses it.
I haven’t given my resignation notice yet, but I did tell my boss it was going to be 1-2months before I leave when I told her about my medical being cleared in Dec.

I don't have discord or Line, but I'll download it. I work at ZAB as an RPO so my supervisor there is understanding. A lot of RPOs before me went to the academy so he knows we're trying to leave eventually.

I don't have discord or Line, but I'll download it. I work at ZAB as an RPO so my supervisor there is understanding. A lot of RPOs before me went to the academy so he knows we're trying to leave eventually.

Bring a bottle of Sadie’s salsa for study sessions.

Same boat as you, my employer was definitely nice on working with me while I was working through school. Since my job is all contracted, someone will just move over into my slot. I'm mostly looking at how to spend my vacation and personal leave.

How are you liking ZAB, are you planning on ending up back there? I've seen ZAB pop up on a lot of previous classes as a slot.

Bring a bottle of Sadie’s salsa for study sessions.

Sadie's salsa?! Haven't heard of it before, haha. But you can't go wrong with salsa and chips, even a pizza study party goes well.

Thanks. I’ll keep checking for availability. I am leaning more toward Anatole and would probably uber over or something if we do study sessions at Kim’s.

If you end up at Anatole, we (and anyone else there) can always ride together to Kims for a group study session so you can save the money. I'm currently placed at Anatole, and i'm driving down to have my vehicle available.

Hey guys update since I got my class date.. I managed to book a spot at Anatole but down to meet up for any study groups since I'll have my car...

Also I just got the email part but no official FOL yet.. anyone in the same boat as me ??

Back
Top Bottom