En Route Enroute Basics 10/20/2021

I'll be starting the virtual portion of the class on 10/20/21, is that what you guys are starting as well or is that for you academy start date?

I'll be starting the virtual portion of the class on 10/20/21, is that what you guys are starting as well or is that for you academy start date?

Ya this is for the virtual portion on October 20, 2021. Nice to have you onboard with us!

will they be sending us a tablet or computer for the class or are we expected to use our own? Also, do you happen to know what the gap will be between the end of the virtual class and the start of the in class portion? the email i got said expected start date at the academy was 11/24/21, but it seems weird they'd start us one before a federal holiday (Thanksgiving).

Yup, that’s the basics start date. The tentative academy report date I got was 11/24.
will they be sending us a tablet or computer for the class or are we expected to use our own? Also, do you happen to know what the gap will be between the end of the virtual class and the start of the in class portion? the email i got said expected start date at the academy was 11/24/21, but it seems weird they'd start us one before a federal holiday (Thanksgiving).
I heard a while ago they were sending tablets for basics, but I didn’t hear one way or the other officially. I got the same tentative academy report date and that was exactly my thought too, but they’re paying us regardless. Doesn’t make much sense for them to wait until after the paid holiday either.

They will mail you an iPad. And they have no issue starting you the day before a federal holiday. Work Wed, have Thur off, work Fri.

They will mail you an iPad. And they have no issue starting you the day before a federal holiday. Work Wed, have Thur off, work Fri.
Good to know, thanks!

What have you guys been doing to prepare? I've been working through the study guides on here but not quite sure what's most important to focus on, particularly for the En Route since it has a much lower pass rate. Any direction of good things to prioritize that you may have heard from previous classes?

What have you guys been doing to prepare? I've been working through the study guides on here but not quite sure what's most important to focus on, particularly for the En Route since it has a much lower pass rate. Any direction of good things to prioritize that you may have heard from previous classes?
My contact from early in the process said he had materials he could provide me with to get me started so I plan on hitting him up for those. But beyond that, nothing.

My contact from early in the process said he had materials he could provide me with to get me started so I plan on hitting him up for those. But beyond that, nothing.
If it's anything you can post on here or share online please reach out to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone going with their wives/family? My wife and 17 month old will be going down with me and wanted to know if there was anyone she could connect with while we're down there.

Good to know, thanks!

Watching youtube videos, getting familiar with the lingo so I am not a complete newbie in there.

I actually would recommend memorizing the ICAO phonetic alphabet if you have time, that's pure rote memorization and it's something you'll use every session of every day for the rest of your career and it's not going to change between now and when you start the academy.

But everything else, wait for them to teach it to you when the syllabus says to teach it to you.

If it's anything you can post on here or share online please reach out to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone going with their wives/family? My wife and 17 month old will be going down with me and wanted to know if there was anyone she could connect with while we're down there.
I have a wife and two daughters also, but they’re staying back. We’re going to try to bring them out about every other weekend though. Both of my girls’ birthdays will be during training.

I have a wife and two daughters also, but they’re staying back. We’re going to try to bring them out about every other weekend though. Both of my girls’ birthdays will be during training.
That's good they're close enough to come visit often, especially with their birthdays over that time.

I actually would recommend memorizing the ICAO phonetic alphabet if you have time, that's pure rote memorization and it's something you'll use every session of every day for the rest of your career and it's not going to change between now and when you start the academy.

But everything else, wait for them to teach it to you when the syllabus says to teach it to you.
Good advise

Back
Top Bottom