En route Placement List

En route Placement List 10/26/2022

No permission to download
Focus on passing the academy! I watched countless people get so caught up in where they may go and ultimately fail. Don’t get caught up in the potential placement lists as they’ll constantly change. When they bring your final list in a week before you finish then worry about it.

Im not "caught up". I took this job knowing im willing to move wherever i need to. But youd be kind of an odd person to not even remotely care or know where you are more likely ending up for years and moving your family.

I graduate in May. If imtrying to get a good estimate of the facilties that would be on my list, 5 more classes will pass before me, each class passing roughly 10 students i estimate (whether its 12 or 18 in the class thats seems to be the average lately)
Would you just count up roughly 50 slots (skipping nyc and the reserve slots) and then just below that is where my list would roughly be?
I know each class is offered double the students but obviously most of those dont get assigned so they would stay at top of list for next classes. So thats why im thinking just counting the amount of graduates before me is probably more accurate?
No you're too far out right now. The list is fluid and there's 1 NCEPT between now and May.

No you're too far out right now. The list is fluid and there's 1 NCEPT between now and May.

Ok thank you. I guess I don't really know how the NCEPT stuff works and how much it will change due to that. The list seems to have like pretty much the same 12 facilities over and over again for like 200 slots but I guess NCEPT could throw some wrenches.

A
How about Alaska? Anyone know if its available for volunteers currently?

Alaska is probably the best staffed facility out there. Six weeks ago it wasn’t available even to those who requested it because they were already living there.

Hey guys be aware that any new enroute class will have a different placement procedure than the current one. Also, they said that San Juan is the only alternate besides ZNY at the moment, but obviously that will change by the time we select. Just got this info from the placement people on the first day of class 4/4.

A

Alaska is probably the best staffed facility out there. Six weeks ago it wasn’t available even to those who requested it because they were already living there.

ZAN staffing has dropped tremendously over the last 6 weeks. They're middle of the pack.
82.0% current CPC
89.1% projected

Priority Placement Tool

Appreciate the responses. I'm hoping for my fol within the next week so hopefully it'll still be available. If not I'll be content just getting to a center.

Hey guys be aware that any new enroute class will have a different placement procedure than the current one. Also, they said that San Juan is the only alternate besides ZNY at the moment, but obviously that will change by the time we select. Just got this info from the placement people on the first day of class 4/4.

How are things changing? Also like those are the only two centers available to be sent too at the moment?

Maybe i'm mis-remembering things but i thought JB told us we could request an OCONUS facility and if they had an opening we could get it? That first day was long and 3 weeks ago though so you probably know more than me at this point

Maybe i'm mis-remembering things but i thought JB told us we could request an OCONUS facility and if they had an opening we could get it? That first day was long and 3 weeks ago though so you probably know more than me at this point

You can certainly request it, just has to be before the official list gets to us. Also, he said that Alaska, Hawaii and Guam were just unlikely atm, but we have plenty of time for that to change of course!

Alaska is available right now. 3 people at the academy now have placement there.
You've got to be one of the 3 right? If so, congrats, I know that's what you were hoping for from the get go.

It wasnt in january when i got here... and no since i graduate next month im assuming its too late for me to opt in for it?
Go make the request tomorrow, you haven't been given a list yet. As I posted previously, ZAN's staffing has changed significantly since you started the academy.

You've got to be one of the 3 right? If so, congrats, I know that's what you were hoping for from the get go.

Go make the request tomorrow, you haven't been given a list yet. As I posted previously, ZAN's staffing has changed significantly since you started the academy.
Yes. Passed yesterday too. It all came
Together in the last week when the numbers changed. Stressful 4 months to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom