En route Placement List

En route Placement List 10/26/2022

No permission to download
We accept academy grads for the enroute operation but not the terminal operation, however enroute is “over staffed” right now.

So basically not taking students. Kind of surprising I would assume non locals would want to leave due to cost of living. Basically the reason I don’t prefer to go back.

So basically not taking students. Kind of surprising I would assume non locals would want to leave due to cost of living. Basically the reason I don’t prefer to go back.

Your correct I would say 1/3 of the facility wants out but last ncept was the first time we could release and only 1 at that. It’s mainly “staffed” with trainees and by the time they cert one retires.

We accept academy grads for the enroute operation but not the terminal operation, however enroute is “over staffed” right now.

I thought you guys work everything there though. You work all three, tower, approach, and EnRoute right? So why would they only accept EnRoute people when the entire facility needs people? Or am I just wrong and confused

I thought you guys work everything there though. You work all three, tower, approach, and EnRoute right? So why would they only accept EnRoute people when the entire facility needs people? Or am I just wrong and confused
At HCF, you're either enroute or terminal. Terminal will work both tower and approach, enroute stays enroute.

Like ZSU is also a combined facility, but enroute and approach are separate specialties and you only work one.

With the amount of ZUA's at the top of the list currently, are the classes that are finishing right now being made to choose those or is it a facility that has to be requested? I am probably mistaken but weren't most of the OCONUS locations (besides ZSU) by request only? Or has it gotten to the point where they come up on the placement lists and it's gotta be picked?

With the amount of ZUA's at the top of the list currently, are the classes that are finishing right now being made to choose those or is it a facility that has to be requested? I am probably mistaken but weren't most of the OCONUS locations (besides ZSU) by request only? Or has it gotten to the point where they come up on the placement lists and it's gotta be picked?
They force people when they have too. A bunch of people got forced to San Juan a year ago. In the past people were forced to ZAN

The maximum amount of any one facility allowed on a placement list is 4. So even if there are 12 ZUA slots at the top of the list, your list will only have a maximum of 4.

The maximum amount of any one facility allowed on a placement list is 4. So even if there are 12 ZUA slots at the top of the list, your list will only have a maximum of 4.
And instead of making 12 classes have 1 spot they will make 3 Classes have 4 spots.

Does that really make sense though? So we put let's say 12 facilities each with one slot on the list. Let's say six have a training backlog. How many people are usually in class together, 4 is pretty standard I think? So the other six facilities now have to wait for another three classes to finish if they want to do a full class.

Does that really make sense though? So we put let's say 12 facilities each with one slot on the list. Let's say six have a training backlog. How many people are usually in class together, 4 is pretty standard I think? So the other six facilities now have to wait for another three classes to finish if they want to do a full class.
Classes finish like every week. And when you get there your just doing maps and other bs for a couple months

This is probably a dumb question but I read that New York has to work 6 day shifts and are understaffed. Why is there a training backlog? Also, why is there a training backlog in NY for enroute, but not terminal. I'm new to this and just applied to the June hiring bid.

This is probably a dumb question but I read that New York has to work 6 day shifts and are understaffed. Why is there a training backlog? Also, why is there a training backlog in NY for enroute, but not terminal. I'm new to this and just applied to the June hiring bid.
Terminal is so bad they are sending people back to the academy for tetra refresher courses so 95% of them can wash out.

ZNY is the best facility on Long Island by miles. The reason for the bad staffing and long work weeks = Agency hiring incompetency.

Terminal is so bad they are sending people back to the academy for tetra refresher courses so 95% of them can wash out.
ZNY is the best facility on Long Island by miles. The reason for the bad staffing and long work weeks = Agency hiring incompetency.

Interesting. I imagine there would be a ton of applicants in the NY region. Sucks to hear about how bad the hiring is. Working in LI would be a dream as I live on LI. Thanks for the replies!

There are plenty of facilities on 6 days.

Back
Top Bottom