-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Thank you!

Something to keep in mind: your pay will be the lowest D band, but you'll be coded as an "AG" everywhere. So when you do meet the requirements for promotion to D3, you'll end up getting a 6% bump from what you're making at the time since you'll already make equal to or greater than the minimum of the D3 band. Contract article 108 will explain more. So don't get confused when you see "AG" on everything or think the paperwork has an error, you're still technically an "AG" and getting the pay as a D3.

It's less than that in the last two years. Probably around 20% or lower if I had to guess. And that data is old.

Last edited:
I work adjacent airspace. It’s pretty slow. Not sure the success rate is so bad unless a bunch of people leave during training (resign, transfer to DoD) or they really just suck at training. There is no way a competent controller shouldn’t certify there

How does a level 5 have a 57% success rate?

I think it's tough to take those numbers seriously in lot of smaller facilities like this. They get a lot less trainees so each failure has a higher impact, and a lot of the trainees they do get are from the NEST. Those people that wash out and we're like holy moly this guy can't even read, he shouldn't be working anywhere, he goes to these facilities before he gets terminated.

That's not saying that they don't have the dinosaurs talking about how busy it used to be and acting like they should be able to work two hundred planes at a time before they check out. I think both play a part

So will it really take someone with a little bit of experience 1.57 years to train?

That makes sense. What’s the training like for the radar portion? Do I go to OKC or just learn in house?
If you've got an approach rating from the military, you will/should skip radar training at OKC. If your only radar ratings are final control par/asr you will have to attend OKC for radar training.

If you've got an approach rating from the military, you will/should skip radar training at OKC. If your only radar ratings are final control par/asr you will have to attend OKC for radar training.
I think it depends on the facility as well. Friend of mine had an approach qual went to U90 and they still sent him to OKC.

Maybe it's a region thing. I've heard of a couple people with radar experience that wanted to go to RTF, ATM also wanted the RTF experience, but region/service area/someone, said no.
Or the job announcement they applied under might tie in to it as well.

Looking for a house in the area, any insight on where is best to live? I’m willing to commute 30-40 minutes if it means a better area to live. Also looking for maybe a month to month rental apartment/house to stay in while I’m looking for a house.

Looking for a house in the area, any insight on where is best to live? I’m willing to commute 30-40 minutes if it means a better area to live. Also looking for maybe a month to month rental apartment/house to stay in while I’m looking for a house.
Newburgh area is nice

Back
Top Bottom