Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Im sorry, I meant how for back in the calendar do they go? So for example, if you reach the stated threshold or 6 months below the buffer or 3 months above the ceiling do they audit days from around that current month? Is there any standard about the window in which the random days are selected?
@Robertb
I'll ask the next time I see the person who would know that answer.

Is it just me or does it seem like there are like 10 downgrades for every upgrade?

Is it just me or does it seem like there are like 10 downgrades for every upgrade?
It's a brutal stretch, not to mention the nationwide consolidation of TRACONs happening at some of our smaller up/down facilities, which will lead to multi-level downgrades or simply contracting out the towers.

It's a brutal stretch, not to mention the nationwide consolidation of TRACONs happening at some of our smaller up/down facilities, which will lead to multi-level downgrades or simply contracting out the towers.

Or upgrades to where those facilities are consolidating to.

I keep hearing that traffic is back up, but keep seeing all these downgrades. Is traffic just not where it used to be or is the FAA just finally getting around to downgrading?

I keep hearing that traffic is back up, but keep seeing all these downgrades. Is traffic just not where it used to be or is the FAA just finally getting around to downgrading?

From my observations, more passengers are flying but in larger aircraft. Therefore, there are less aircraft movements. That being said, aircraft movement is on a slow uptick the last 5 years or so it seems.

It all seems to correspond to the new traffic count index that came about the same time as the new contract

While that might be the case, from what I saw is they lowered the bottom of the buffer for my facility, taking us from red to black. It changed by three points I believe.

Any ideas on DCA? I understood they had a closed runway at somepoint(don’t know timeframe) but they’ve been running 9 #’s for over a year now.

Back
Top Bottom