Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Any ideas on DCA? I understood they had a closed runway at somepoint(don’t know timeframe) but they’ve been running 9 #’s for over a year now.
DCA has been below the 10 buffer basically nonstop since 2008 except two stretches they spent at the buffer for 12 months in 2013-2014 and 6 months in 2016. But at least they've been pretty close to the buffer most of that time.

JFK is strange though. They were upgraded from a 10 to 11 in June 2011 (for no reason, not even close to the top of the 10 numbers.) From that day until present, they have never been within the 11 buffer, constantly below.

I think I remember reading somewhere that EWR, JFK and LGA will all be set at the same facility level. As long as at least one is running 11 traffic they all get 11 pay.

Anyone know details about how the CI works for ARTCC? There are no buffers or ranges displayed.

Last edited:
From recent NEB Minutes, where NVT upgrades/downgrades are apparently discussed:

1/25-25:
-- Traffic Mix Formula and Validation Team: The NVT's next scheduled meeting is the week of March 12, 2018. There are multiple facility reviews scheduled for this meeting including the possibility of three facility upgrades and two downgrades. The NVT will review five random facilities.
-- (A note about the ATCCP workgroup I will not include here.)

2/28-3/1:
-- Traffic Mix Formula and Validation Team: The NVT is meeting the week of March 12. The development of an NVT webinar or other training to provide background for newer FacReps will be discussed.
-- The ATCCP workgroup met in Washington, D.C. this week. (Robicheau/Iacopelli–OPEN)

From recent NEB Minutes, where NVT upgrades/downgrades are apparently discussed:

1/25-25:
-- Traffic Mix Formula and Validation Team: The NVT's next scheduled meeting is the week of March 12, 2018. There are multiple facility reviews scheduled for this meeting including the possibility of three facility upgrades and two downgrades. The NVT will review five random facilities.
-- (A note about the ATCCP workgroup I will not include here.)

2/28-3/1:
-- Traffic Mix Formula and Validation Team: The NVT is meeting the week of March 12. The development of an NVT webinar or other training to provide background for newer FacReps will be discussed.
-- The ATCCP workgroup met in Washington, D.C. this week. (Robicheau/Iacopelli–OPEN)
Where can we find this out? or possibly upgrades/downgrades? I thought it was on the ksn site at some point, but i couldn't find it.

Anyone know how often facility levels are evaluated/ how often the NVT meets?
I believe each facility is looked at either every year or two. If you go to that aap link above, then tcip you can search around and find when your facility was last evaluated.

Anyone know how often facility levels are evaluated/ how often the NVT meets?

As of last year they met every quarter, and evaluated facilities for upgrades once they have been above the breakpoint for 3 consecutive months. The actual evaluation/upgrade process can take in excess of a year from that point if your facility is right in the edge and doesn't display a significant upward trend.

Right now, I believe they are meeting about ZHU. There has been a grievance for a level 12 upgrade since 2005, I believe; and they visited the facility two weeks ago. Everyone is still waiting on the verdict for Miami Center as well. It's going to be a drawn out process, for certain.

Upgrades:
GSP from a 6 to a 7. Effective date 2/4/2018.
BOI from a 7 to an 8. Effective date 2/4/2018.
LVK from a 5 to a 6. Effective date 3/4/2018.

Back
Top Bottom