Facility Training Slots List

Trish

Lurker
What are acceptable reasons one can give to request a facility other than the ones given on projected facility training slots list given out at end of OKC training? Any way to get a different facility?? If hardship, what are acceptable reasons and who do you direct request to? Thx

What are acceptable reasons one can give to request a facility other than the ones given on projected facility training slots list given out at end of OKC training? Any way to get a different facility?? If hardship, what are acceptable reasons and who do you direct request to? Thx

You might have a shot at requesting an oconus facility. The likelihood of getting something not on your list within the US is slim to none. Never hurts to ask if you've got a legit reason that would later on be an approved hardship.

If you're reasoning is that your list sucks, you wanna stay close to home, your dream facility isn't available then welcome to the FAA. Most people don't get what they want out of the academy.

It's pretty rare but I work with someone who swapped facilities with someone that had finished a few days before them. So you might have a shot swapping with someone right before or after your class.

If your spouse works at a facility, I believe they will send you to that facility. You do need to request that facility prior to attending the academy.

Remember when you clicked on the button that said you were willing to work anywhere? It wasn't a joke... hiring, placement, and staffing is done based on the FAA's needs not the individual's desire.

The only way is to marry another controller at the facility you want. Until you wanna go oconus. But even Alaska isn’t always available.

if you have a legit hardship you’ll likely have to move to the new facility and then file the paperwork

Isn't there something about if you prove you are the primary care giver of a family member you can waiver to a close facility? A sick or elderly mother, father or grandparent?

Isn't there something about if you prove you are the primary care giver of a family member you can waiver to a close facility? A sick or elderly mother, father or grandparent?
That's the hardship process, but you may have to get to your facility before you can hardship. You can ask the placement team but it's not likely they will approve it.

I had someone in my class ask for an OCONUS (not Alaska or Hawaii) and was denied. This was very recent.

I also had another student be the primary caregiver and try to work that out. Denied.

If you are trying the marriage route to someone already working as a controller. They won't send you to anywhere over a level 7. At best, they will put you somewhere close-ish (I believe the paper said within 50 miles)

I had someone in my class ask for an OCONUS (not Alaska or Hawaii) and was denied. This was very recent.

I also had another student be the primary caregiver and try to work that out. Denied.

If you are trying the marriage route to someone already working as a controller. They won't send you to anywhere over a level 7. At best, they will put you somewhere close-ish (I believe the paper said within 50 miles)
They will send you somewhere over a level 7 for spouse accomidation.

The changed the OCONUS guidelines like 2 years ago. The facility has to be in the top 250 (or 200) on the list.

If your spouse works at a facility, I believe they will send you to that facility. You do need to request that facility prior to attending the academy.
I believe they would have to be married before starting the academy as well. Not completely sure though

For NCEPT or for placement? My en route class had someone married to a Z controller and they went to said facility after passing. Can’t confirm if they were selected for en route because of that or not, though.
I believe they would have to be married before starting the academy as well. Not completely sure though
Nope, not true. StealthChain can confirm someone at academy married another to get their preferred Z before they made selections.

For NCEPT or for placement? My en route class had someone married to a Z controller and they went to said facility after passing. Can’t confirm if they were selected for en route because of that or not, though.

Nope, not true. StealthChain can confirm someone at academy married another to get their preferred Z before they made selections.

That could be a good supplemental income stream lol. Marriage/annulment and selling a spot at a good Z ?.

Back
Top Bottom