FCT

Horny4.65

Basically what are the pros, cons, benefits and differences between the two?
Do I get to keep union seniority?
I am looking into RVA to move close to home and currently in the FAA. Any help would be appreciated.

Pay will be less and you won’t have a pension. If the cost of living is cheap in the area you’re trying to locate to, the pay should be good for that area. If the facility is unionized, you should keep your seniority. I worked for a different contractor so I’m not sure of the specifics of RVA’s benefits. Hopefully someone else will chime in

Pay will be less and you won’t have a pension. If the cost of living is cheap in the area you’re trying to locate to, the pay should be good for that area. If the facility is unionized, you should keep your seniority. I worked for a different contractor so I’m not sure of the specifics of RVA’s benefits. Hopefully someone else will chime in
This exactly, I would encourage you to look at DOD facilities so that you can keep clocking that pension time at least and TSP contributions going. Having recently switched from the Agency after 6+ years to DOD (also not prior military, I'll do a write up soon), it is very different but a welcome change in terms of working conditions (for example my leave requests can never be denied and I have federal holidays off).

This exactly, I would encourage you to look at DOD facilities so that you can keep clocking that pension time at least and TSP contributions going. Having recently switched from the Agency after 6+ years to DOD (also not prior military, I'll do a write up soon), it is very different but a welcome change in terms of working conditions (for example my leave requests can never be denied and I have federal holidays off).
Did you say never denied ? y’all hiring?

Sounds awesome but cost of living, ouch! Or do you get some sweet Truman annex housing?
Cost of Living is not terrible, actually got the email after 4 months for housing. Not sure if Sigsbee or Truman yet.

Cost of Living is not terrible, actually got the email after 4 months for housing. Not sure if Sigsbee or Truman yet.
The DoD positions are posted on USAjobs? Where can I find a list of these facilities?

My Dad ran a beer distributor many years ago down there. I enjoyed many visits. I wondered if you got housing, that would really sweeten up the deal for that facility.

Back
Top Bottom