Former Jobs

OUA1

Trusted Contributor
What job/career are you leaving behind to become a controller? I'll start.

Project Manager, residential construction.

BAS92

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZAU Chicago Center
I’ve worked as a finance assistant for an auto group for a few years now. Saying I’ll be overjoyed to get my academy date call is a complete understatement.

Stinger

Staff member
Mine was basically just college only before I was ATC. Summers and after college I did oilfield and farm work.

JNev

Trusted Contributor
I've been a Station Manager for Alaska Airlines, a Flight Attendant for Republic Airlines, and now I'm an Aviation Analyst for a consulting company working mainly with safety data and meeting support

David Graham

Trusted Contributor
After graduating in December of 2016 I realized I was done trying to pursue medical school. Spent half of last year soul searching on what to do next. This was perfect timing.

Ceedubya

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZKC Kansas City Center
I work as a HR services delivery analyst, basically I analyze data and make sure that people who input time on their timesheets end up actually getting paid, if they don't get paid that's when I get involved, to see why.

ajmezz

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ADW Andrews Tower
Got my aircraft dispatch cert and went to work for ARINC Direct (now Rockwell Collins) as a flight coordinator/follower for a few years before getting a job at a tower.

NEatc933

Trusted Contributor
Worked line service at TEB while going to school for airport management as well as an infamous CTI degree.

alvy

Was a supervisor in Airfield Operations at one of the busiest airports in the US. Great pay, benefits, and experience. Tough to leave behind no doubt...

Jordan

Trusted Contributor
Habitual college dropout, flight coordinator for a jet charter/fractional ownership company, CNC machinist at a car part factory...

Waiting FOL now.
private pilot instrument, was working towards commercial for a possible career change, then I got my TOL

Leaving NYPD for something I always wanted to do (before top pay of course :p )

C_Ro

Trusted Contributor
API Inspector at P66. It's cool seeing where everybody is coming from. Diverse fields.