Fort Hood

C

Cowboy

Anyone have any info on the Fort Hood position that was on USAJOBS in January?

We lost a developmental to that place. He was happy to leave a lvl 6 for it. Must have been a good opportunity.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we started seeing more people jump ship from the FAA free for all. DoD jobs sound juicier by the day!

I work at GRK aka ft hood. Came from a FAA lvl 5 and love it here. Tower traffic is mostly all military with a few airline flights a day. Approach is a good mix with probably 60% civilian and the rest military. On the approach side there’s a couple satellite airports that keep busy with practice approaches and at GRK Air Force beechjets beat up the tower and radar pattern regularly, plus all the army copters doing their thing. The area is great, it’s right between Dallas and Austin, not too far from San Antonio and Houston either. Not many people live in Killeen for obvious reasons..rural people like Copperas Cove/Lampasas and city people like Belton/Temple or even Georgetown. The cost of living is cheaper than the bigger cities in Texas. Let me know if you have any questions!

Back
Top Bottom