Government shutdown

When I was active duty this was continuously an issue my last few years in. Always talk of us not getting paid if they didn't pass something and that we would still have to show up to work even if we weren't getting paid. Needless to say, nothing ever came of it and one way or another there was always something passed to allow funding for the government.

When I was active duty this was continuously an issue my last few years in. Always talk of us not getting paid if they didn't pass something and that we would still have to show up to work even if we weren't getting paid. Needless to say, nothing ever came of it and one way or another there was always something passed to allow funding for the government.
It's more likely, and has happened in recent history, on the civilian side of gov't. The military is always the first to get the $ because no one wants to be the person who didn't pay the troops. Not paying office workers doesn't rile the public quite the same.

They shut it down in 2013. Some of us got furloughed, they shut down the academy, my RTF date got delayed then delayed then cancelled then rescheduled months later. All non essentials got some free retro actively paid time off and if you were on leave you got the leave status cancelled then reimbursed resulting in free time off as well.
I blame the obstructionist assholes in the Freedom Caucus. Can't imagine being talked off that position but anythings possible.

It's more likely, and has happened in recent history, on the civilian side of gov't. The military is always the first to get the $ because no one wants to be the person who didn't pay the troops. Not paying office workers doesn't rile the public quite the same.

They shut it down in 2013. Some of us got furloughed, they shut down the academy, my RTF date got delayed then delayed then cancelled then rescheduled months later. All non essentials got some free retro actively paid time off and if you were on leave you got the leave status cancelled then reimbursed resulting in free time off as well.
I blame the obstructionist assholes in the Freedom Caucus. Can't imagine being talked off that position but anythings possible.

damn, well I didn't realize how horribly it could be for civilians. We were definitely spoiled on active duty, but we weren't happy at the potential of no pay considering how low the pay is already.

After people didn’t get paid back for the forced furlough day(s) during sequestration, and everyone on leave and non essentials were paid back and charged zero leave during the 17 day shutdown, I foresee a lot of sick hits if the shutdown happens. We had a guy take two weeks prime time for hunting and wasn’t charged any leave.

So are we getting 2 raises? One from NaTCA 1.4 and 1 from the Fed 1.4+.5=1.9? What pay check will we see this raise?

So are we getting 2 raises? One from NaTCA 1.4 and 1 from the Fed 1.4+.5=1.9? What pay check will we see this raise?
No the NATCA raise is every June every year for the Slate Book. The General increase is 1.4 on basic pay for everyone and the rest depends on your location. Average of .5 on locality but could be more or less for you.

No the NATCA raise is every June every year for the Slate Book. The General increase is 1.4 on basic pay for everyone and the rest depends on your location. Average of .5 on locality but could be more or less for you.
What paycheck will we see this on?

These are the numbers that have been spoken of since August that I’ve seen. There is always talk in the beginning of the year that NATCA is trying to lobby for a bigger pay raise.

These are the numbers that have been spoken of since August that I’ve seen. There is always talk in the beginning of the year that NATCA is trying to lobby for a bigger pay raise.

It wasn't a big cut. It was supposed to be 1.6 or 1.8% originally.

Back
Top Bottom