GRR

GRR

GMX

Trusted Contributor
Their radar functions are moving to to the new Great Lakes TRACON in Kalamazoo early next year. It'll be a tower only; maybe a level 6, good chance of a level 5.

invicta

Any info on the area? Good areas to live, good schools, ect?
It’s a really nice area - my favorite part of Michigan. Tons of stuff to do. Lots of good craft beer, distilleries in the area. I would avoid the south side of Grand Rapids. Ada, Holland are nice surrounding cities.

ATC DR

Lurker
FAA
Facility
A11 Anchorage Tracon
Can anybody give me information about Grand Rapids, MI? I.e schedule, management, training, living in that area or anything else. Thanks

Stinger

Staff member
It's FAA.
I kinda know the ATM there...he's new to that position within the last month, but been at GRR for a long time. Seems like a pretty relaxed and easy-going person.

ColdAilment

Anyone know when GRR is moving to AZO? Is anyone happy about this move or are most pretty disgruntled? From what I understand Grand Rapids is a far larger and nicer city than Kalamazoo.

corn4ahead

Trusted Contributor
Anyone know when GRR is moving to AZO? Is anyone happy about this move or are most pretty disgruntled? From what I understand Grand Rapids is a far larger and nicer city than Kalamazoo.
They are less that an hour drive from each other. Kalamazoo is a nice but small city. It does have some gems though as far as the food scene.

Grand Rapids is larger and has more amenities but honestly, it's an easy day trip.

Last I heard, the cutover should be happening in May/June.