Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
754/26/2020

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Their radar functions are moving to to the new Great Lakes TRACON in Kalamazoo early next year. It'll be a tower only; maybe a level 6, good chance of a level 5.

Any info on the area? Good areas to live, good schools, ect?
It’s a really nice area - my favorite part of Michigan. Tons of stuff to do. Lots of good craft beer, distilleries in the area. I would avoid the south side of Grand Rapids. Ada, Holland are nice surrounding cities.

Can anybody give me information about Grand Rapids, MI? I.e schedule, management, training, living in that area or anything else. Thanks

It's FAA.
I kinda know the ATM there...he's new to that position within the last month, but been at GRR for a long time. Seems like a pretty relaxed and easy-going person.

Anyone know when GRR is moving to AZO? Is anyone happy about this move or are most pretty disgruntled? From what I understand Grand Rapids is a far larger and nicer city than Kalamazoo.

Anyone know when GRR is moving to AZO? Is anyone happy about this move or are most pretty disgruntled? From what I understand Grand Rapids is a far larger and nicer city than Kalamazoo.

They are less that an hour drive from each other. Kalamazoo is a nice but small city. It does have some gems though as far as the food scene.

Grand Rapids is larger and has more amenities but honestly, it's an easy day trip.

Last I heard, the cutover should be happening in May/June.

I grew up there too. It was my goal facility for the longest time but now that I'm checked out at a center, there's no way I'd take that pay cut.

Back
Top Bottom