Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Can anyone tell me if there is someone at this facility looking to do a swap to STT? I heard through the rumor mill/grapevine that there was and would possibly be interested.

Can anyone tell me if there is someone at this facility looking to do a swap to STT? I heard through the rumor mill/grapevine that there was and would possibly be interested.
Both facilities need to be eligible to be able to swap. GSO won't be eligible for a few years.

Well... that's disappointing. Thank you for the info though. Do you mind telling me why?
National Release Policy SOP
4.0 Mutual Reassignment Transfer Requests:
4.1.1 The facilities involved in a mutual reassignment transfer request must meet the minimum requirement of the National Release Policy for consideration.
4.1.2 At the conclusion of the ERR Placement process, the NCEPT will review all mutual reassignment transfer requests for compliance with the National Release Policy.

Minimum Requirements
Category 1 (Green): CPC Current and Projected AOB > 90% Facility CPC staffing level: Release dates shall be within three (3) months of selection, or at the election of the employee no later than six (6) months.

Category 2 (Green): CPC Current and Projected AOB > CPC Current and Projected national averages or the collaboratively determined CPC percentages: Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.

Red: Does not meet Category 1 or 2 minimum requirements.

How it relates to GSO and STT

GSO is currently at 46.2% Current CPC % and only 74.2% projected with a massive training backlog (12 CPC's vs 16 trainees). Their last CPC-IT to certify took almost 2 years.

STT is currently 100% current and 98% projected. You guys can release 2 this upcoming panel. GSO is ranked 20th on the facility priority list. Put in an ERR and you'd have a great chance of being selected. The deadline for ERR's is 11/14/17. Get your ERR in and you'll have a solid chance of being selected.

Last edited:
@NHKpp1348
What @breakaway2000 said. 0% chance at a swap and extremely high probability of transfer through NCEPT in December with maybe a CAT1 3 month release. This is depending on where your coworkers bid, of course. However, the numbers there are alarming. They don't necessarily tell the whole story - 2.5 year avg checkout at a 7 up/down with a 58% success rate is a red flag but, in a vacuum, could possibly be exaggerated by bad luck recieving a long string of terrible VRAs and bad academy grads. And I stress "possibly" cuz it's not likely. But when you couple it with 2 years for CPC-IT you gotta think this place might just be staffed with a bunch of cunts.

@NHKpp1348
What @breakaway2000 said. 0% chance at a swap and extremely high probability of transfer through NCEPT in December with maybe a CAT1 3 month release. This is depending on where your coworkers bid, of course. However, the numbers there are alarming. They don't necessarily tell the whole story - 2.5 year avg checkout at a 7 up/down with a 58% success rate is a red flag but, in a vacuum, could possibly be exaggerated by bad luck recieving a long string of terrible VRAs and bad academy grads. And I stress "possibly" cuz it's not likely. But when you couple it with 2 years for CPC-IT you gotta think this place might just be staffed with a bunch of cunts.

Hahahahahahahaha

Well..., I would like to say thank you for all the information. I'm still trying to figure out all this as I have only been in the FAA since June. I do however have 14 years experience with the military, contract, and DOD. I would love the opportunity to get to GSO as I have experience in both Tower and Radar. Eventually, my wife and I would like CLT but for now, I just need to get off STT. After the storms, she is not to keen on coming back as I have since sent her back stateside for more normalcy for our young daughter. Do y'all have any advice, info, or contact info for the upcoming NCEPT bids? I see that it takes about 2 1/2 years to get qualed. Why is that?

Well..., I would like to say thank you for all the information. I'm still trying to figure out all this as I have only been in the FAA since June. I do however have 14 years experience with the military, contract, and DOD. I would love the opportunity to get to GSO as I have experience in both Tower and Radar. Eventually, my wife and I would like CLT but for now, I just need to get off STT. After the storms, she is not to keen on coming back as I have since sent her back stateside for more normalcy for our young daughter. Do y'all have any advice, info, or contact info for the upcoming NCEPT bids? I see that it takes about 2 1/2 years to get qualed. Why is that?
Have you certified through STT or are you still a developmental due to the storms?

For the longest time, past 14 months, we went through the equitable approach, so with 16 trainees rotating through the was incredibly slow progression. Maybe an hour and a half a week each. We have guys certified on gc and cd waiting months to even start lc training. We had a guy get back from rtf in March and was told to expect to start the tracon this coming march.

We have an exceptional training backlog and with everyone eligable to retire doing so, seven this year. A couple hardships and a cpc getting snagged for a sup job. Its just a perfect storm coupled with a challenging training program.

Have you certified through STT or are you still a developmental due to the storms?
I qualified in just about a month before the storms. I am CPC and was given a waiver for CIC because of my previous experience. I have a total of 5 CTOs, multiple Radar qualifications to include TRACON at one of the hardest places to get in the Navy. Been a Sup/FWS/CIC at everywhere I have been the last 10 years or so.

I qualified in just about a month before the storms. I am CPC and was given a waiver for CIC because of my previous experience. I have a total of 5 CTOs, multiple Radar qualifications to include TRACON at one of the hardest places to get in the Navy. Been a Sup/FWS/CIC at everywhere I have been the last 10 years or so.
Get your ERR's in, with STT on the Passover list due to the state of your airport, if you miss this panel, you might not get another chance for awhile. 11/14. Don't miss the deadline.

Get your ERR's in, with STT on the Passover list due to the state of your airport, if you miss this panel, you might not get another chance for awhile. 11/14. Don't miss the deadline.

NATCA site says 11/13 for the ERR submission cutoff. I don’t have access to KSN to look there.

“The next NCEPT (1st Quarter Fiscal Year 2018) will take place on December 14, 2017. The deadline to submit ERR requests for this NCEPT is November 13, 2017.”

NATCA site says 11/13 for the ERR submission cutoff. I don’t have access to KSN to look there.

“The next NCEPT (1st Quarter Fiscal Year 2018) will take place on December 14, 2017. The deadline to submit ERR requests for this NCEPT is November 13, 2017.”
Don't know why I had the 14th in my head. Appreciate the correction. KSN says 11/13 as well.

Although I understand that it might not happen any time soon, can someone PM me the contact info for the individual that may want to swap to STT.

Back
Top Bottom