Hardship questions

Spoony90

Trusted Contributor
How does a hardship work if all the facilities you’re trying to hardship to are 100 percent staffed? The facility I’m trying go to is fully staffed but they are highest on the NCEPT list out of the facilities in the area. Does that factor in or no? Also what’s the timeline?

How does a hardship work if all the facilities you’re trying to hardship to are 100 percent staffed? The facility I’m trying go to is fully staffed but they are highest on the NCEPT list out of the facilities in the area. Does that factor in or no? Also what’s the timeline?

There's a couple other threads with those questions.

I believe it's a radius around where you need to be, not facility specific.
Not at all true. You can request an area or specific facilities or both.

Right. I guess what I’m asking is how is it decided if there’s 4 or 5 FAA facilities in the are? Is it some magical formula of experience, staffing and how the person is feeling that day?

Right. I guess what I’m asking is how is it decided if there’s 4 or 5 FAA facilities in the are? Is it some magical formula of experience, staffing and how the person is feeling that day?
The way I saw it go down with a coworker is he was told he was eligible for 2 of 5 facilities in the area he was requesting. The ones he was not eligible for were due to more than 3 level increase. He was told both facilities that he could go to and he requested to go one of them. Ultimately he went to the facility he requested. Both facilities were over 100%. This was just one example of how it played out at my old facility not “the way it works every time”.

[QUOTE="MJ, post:
Not at all true. You can request an area or specific facilities or both.[/QUOTE]
MJ would know

Not at all true. You can request an area or specific facilities or both.[/QUOTE]

+1

"Employees must provide a list of all facilities and/or cities
that will meet the needs of their specific hardship." -cba

What if the location you need to be doesn’t haven’t an a FAA facility and you’re in between two locations. One to the east and the other to the west. Both about 2 hours away driving. Do you choose which area you would like? The difference is like 10-15 miles.

What if the location you need to be doesn’t haven’t an a FAA facility and you’re in between two locations. One to the east and the other to the west. Both about 2 hours away driving. Do you choose which area you would like? The difference is like 10-15 miles.
You tell them what you want.

Years ago, before NCEPT, guy at ZME files hardship to go to TPA. It was time-critical, his Dad had a stroke and was given less than a year to live.

FAA comes back, says if you have to go to that area we are offering you SRQ and that’s it. TPA was too well-staffed. Guy fights it, gets the RVP involved, and after a few weeks go by the Dad dies. Hardship was withdrawn, no idea what the eventual outcome would have been.

A friend of mine doesn't have an account but asked me what I think about the hardship he was considering. His wife had a miscarriage is getting depressed up here in Alaska because they have no family. Seems it may become worst but only thing I told him was I don't know anything about that and ask the manager. He's still training as well so I have no clue what to tell him.
She’d have to get diagnosed and the doctor recommend a move

A friend of mine doesn't have an account but asked me what I think about the hardship he was considering. His wife had a miscarriage is getting depressed up here in Alaska because they have no family. Seems it may become worst but only thing I told him was I don't know anything about that and ask the manager. He's still training as well so I have no clue what to tell him.

PM me.

Hey guys I'm finishing up my hardship paperwork, do any of you know if the statement you have to include about the "hardship being at no expense to the agency" is supposed to be included in the cover letter or a separate document all together? Thanks

Hey guys I'm finishing up my hardship paperwork, do any of you know if the statement you have to include about the "hardship being at no expense to the agency" is supposed to be included in the cover letter or a separate document all together? Thanks

I've seen a lot of successful hardships include it in there statement requesting reassignment.

i would reach out to your regions hardship rep from natca... if you dont get it done right the first time, it can cause a lot of ass pain.

I 100% agree with Rugbydog here. Have the NATCA hardship rep look over it prior to submitting. To drive the point home, once you've submitted it to the agency, there is no adjusting it. The NATCA hardship reps can help you with the verbiage and give you the highest chance of success.

FWIW mine was in a separate page, combined with the authorization to contact people in regards to your case

Back
Top Bottom