Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Any thoughts on if this facility will be able to pick up another person on sept ncept? They just picked up a ton in June. Thoughts??

On the current numbers, there would need to be 3 less projected gains, so 4 ppl would have to wash, turn down, etc. someone pointed out there may be an error where in inbounds are incorrectly being counted twice, so if that's true only 2-3 people would need to not make it.

One of the people selected for HCF has a wife that wasn't selected from the same facility. So she'll probably already have her hardship paperwork in to transfer too.

To further confirm, a self-induced hardship *should* be denied. It's part of the area they are cracking down on since the NCEPT began. The exact example above was given as to what will no longer be allowed. The same goes for your spouse even if they're not ATC. Your husband/wife willfully accepts a job in a different state, not a hardship.
There are still plenty of ways to 'game' the system which would include...
1) Qualifying under a separate hardship category aka if their parents lived in Hawaii and had a hardship viable medical condition
2) If kids are in the picture, get divorced, apply for joint custody, then file the hardship, move, then remarry.

With all this being said, each region handles hardships differently and their sliding scale of allow-ability could vary from case to case and especially region to region. As 'The Great One' once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Hardships aside, I'd reasonably expect any half of a husband/wife duo that gets left behind will be ranked #1 whenever that facility is eligible to select again. Now remaining eligible through the NCEPT process to get to that facility is a different story. This process has hurt a lot of people, married couples (although they are swimming in double ATC money and retirement) are arguably hurt the most. I'd give any married couple the same advice, split if you need to, take the 1 year release, the one left behind applies to every FAA facility in that general area, then you have a total 4 panels to get the second half selected before you have to leave.

To further confirm, a self-induced hardship *should* be denied. It's part of the area they are cracking down on since the NCEPT began. The exact example above was given as to what will no longer be allowed. The same goes for your spouse even if they're not ATC. Your husband/wife willfully accepts a job in a different state, not a hardship.
There are still plenty of ways to 'game' the system which would include...
1) Qualifying under a separate hardship category aka if their parents lived in Hawaii and had a hardship viable medical condition
2) If kids are in the picture, get divorced, apply for joint custody, then file the hardship, move, then remarry.

With all this being said, each region handles hardships differently and their sliding scale of allow-ability could vary from case to case and especially region to region. As 'The Great One' once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Hardships aside, I'd reasonably expect any half of a husband/wife duo that gets left behind will be ranked #1 whenever that facility is eligible to select again. Now remaining eligible through the NCEPT process to get to that facility is a different story. This process has hurt a lot of people, married couples (although they are swimming in double ATC money and retirement) are arguably hurt the most. I'd give any married couple the same advice, split if you need to, take the 1 year release, the one left behind applies to every FAA facility in that general area, then you have a total 4 panels to get the second half selected before you have to leave.

What about if you're not married with kids and end up splitting and significant other goes back to home state?

What about if you're not married with kids and end up splitting and significant other goes back to home state?
Yours odds of getting it approved go up significantly with proper documentation such as a legal custody agreement in place. Without one, it *appears* like you're trying to manipulate the system, which they have cracked down on.

Just curious about HCF here. I want to go there in next few years, but don't want to do any center puke work. Do they have terminal and center independent of each other as far as staffing goes?

Just curious about HCF here. I want to go there in next few years, but don't want to do any center puke work. Do they have terminal and center independent of each other as far as staffing goes?
It's a unusual facility. Their "numbers" in relationship to the PPT are joined, but in actuality, they function as two separate facilities under the same roof. An up/down and a center. Given that they can staff the center portion with academy graduates, I'd imagine any terminal transfers would be given the terminal track.

That is my thought as well, hoping for confirmation from someone in the know. I don't want to get dumberer with center stuff.

Back
Top Bottom