How easy is it to transfer

My new strategy might be to to a high level facility then hope I can NEST to the place I actually want to be.

Years ago I would have said this is crazy.... but if you area CPC-IT already, then you have a tremendous amount of rights and it is extremely hard to lose your job. Just don't fail the 2nd facility you pick and it's a sure thing. Its sad that in many cases this scenario is legit the best option to get where you need to go. You have to bet on yourself and accept a small risk, but if its where you want to live your life then how could it not be worth it!?

I'd think they be nuts to get rid of any CPC but they removed one on the last nest panel so who knows.

I'd think they be nuts to get rid of any CPC but they removed one on the last nest panel so who knows.
I would love to know the details behind that, I wonder if it was a “true” removal or if there were lots of other circumstances around it. Even when the MOU read that someone failing to certify at two straight facilities WOULD result in termination they rarely if ever enforced that for a CPCIT, so they since stopped pretending and changed the wording back to that is MAY still result in retention which is stated above.

What about A80, or Atlanta tower, or Atlanta center? They are pretty close to me and would be on my list of airports to chose if I got hired by the agency.

3 in 6 years I’d say is pretty good.

likewise I am on my 3rd facility. First was an understaffed 12, which I spent 11 years and then through luck of the draw and good timing I got out pre-NCEPT. But before my escape, releases were sparse to say the least and no one left my area that didn’t wash, retire, hardship or become a supervisor.

Then 4 years later, I was at a fairly well staffed 10, and got out during the second NCEPT. It was fairly benign.

Currently I have an ERR in to get out of my 11, but it will be a few more years Due to staffing Oh well, such is life. 3 facilities in 17+ years in and capped out at an 11 ain’t bad. However, I’d probably sing a different tune if I started at a 5 and was stuck there,

But some of it is pure luck, in 5 years there is a good chance NCEPT will be but a distant memory.... and then the current system could be worse, where it’s all about only giving supervisors releases....
I’m at my 4th facility in 8 years

What about A80, or Atlanta tower, or Atlanta center? They are pretty close to me and would be on my list of airports to chose if I got hired by the agency.
The only options you would have as a new hire would be PDK, CSG or ZTL. But even then PDK and CSG are fat and I would imagine ZTL has a tons of people already in the agency trying to get there. In another words your chances are slim.

The only options you would have as a new hire would be PDK, CSG or ZTL. But even then PDK and CSG are fat and I would imagine ZTL has a tons of people already in the agency trying to get there. In another words your chances are slim.
ags

Augusta isn't in the Atlanta metro area. Atleast with CSG you're only 1.5 hours from the city.

Bunch of airports in the surrounding area, but they're all contract apparently. Applied dozens of times to Cobb County.

I live more in the middle GA area. Id be willing to take anything in GA as it wouldnt be far from family. If I could never make it back here maybe this job isn't for me.

Anybody ever heard hard it is to get in with one of the contractors and get an airport close to you?

I live more in the middle GA area. Id be willing to take anything in GA as it wouldnt be far from family. If I could never make it back here maybe this job isn't for me.

Anybody ever heard hard it is to get in with one of the contractors and get an airport close to you?

It's not impossible just don't expect anything within 5 years.

I’ll be at my 4th and final facility after 9.5 years in. Looking forward it took forever, but looking back it has blown by. All CPC ERRs with no hardship/NEST. I’m glad to be finished with the NCEPT and the transfer system though.

I'm from the Henry county myself and have been trying to for a little over a year to get back. I'm not going to say you won't ever get back to Georgia but being that GA has a low cost of living it is highly desirable so you would have a lot of competition. The facilities in GA aren't your only option if you just want to be close, CHA, BHM, MGM are within 3.5 hours of Atlanta.
The reality of this job is you should expect to get sent to a location that's not near your desired location and expect to be there for around 2-3 years.

A lot of being able to move around is luck and timing. I was able to get to Colorado a couple years ago. I came here with the thought that it's desirable with tons of people trying to get here and I'd be able to get out if I didn't like it. Well, I fucking hate it and I'm currently stuck after the change to the current process. I'm just trying to get back to my previous facility but I don't have much hope right now. There's someone in my old area that would love to swap with me but that's dead too.

Back
Top Bottom