LOUD NOISES

How long before we are full circle? People putting ATSA scores, dates when they completed sections of onboarding. I miss those.

I remember the stuckmic days when people had been waiting for 4-5 years and now people flip out if it’s 6 months
That was me, years back. Now new hires trying to figure out some unknown algorithm to try and determine what their list of facilities might look like.

It’s just like, MF’er the FAA don’t even know where you belong, how’re you going to get lucky enough in thinking your options include level 10’s and above? Get your ass sent to Shreveport and only certify because they’ve yet to release a single controller under NCEPT and need your warm body to fill their potential replacement.

How long before we are full circle? People putting ATSA scores, dates when they completed sections of onboarding. I miss those.
Biographical Questionnaire responses were my favorite. “Be warned, there’s an FAA mole scouring these forums” ??

How are these kids any different than people trying to figure out the algorithm of ncept every panel? Bunch of whiny babies, when is it my turn? Wah wah wah.
The algorithm for NCEPT has been known for months now dude, it’s another acronym: PAC.

It's almost as if people don't want uncertainty in their future.
Better pick another career field then.

MJ, feel free to splice my comments together again. I’ve yet to figure out how to do that on my own accord.

Look at that folks, a controller who admits fault!

Ok boomer.
"It's the way it's always been!!!! It's just the way we do things!!"

If you don't work to improve the system you're part of the problem, not the solution. That's a poor mentality.
Not knowing if you’ll be hired,
Not knowing if you’ll pass the academy,
Not knowing where your first facility will be,
Not knowing if you will certify...

Look at all the certainty.

Go in with low expectations, expect bad decisions, resulting in broken dreams.

All should be ‘good’ after that!

You're arguing against yourself- I'm saying that the system can be improved (and is uncertain). You're saying that the system is uncertain and opaque(which it is).

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I win this argument lmao

Do you wanna be the trainee that everyone wants to certify and moves mountains to get you there?

Or do you wanna be the trainee that no one wants to certify and does the bare minium requirements shedding no tears when you don't certify?

With the attitude you have right now can you guess which one you're on track to being?

Do you wanna be the trainee that everyone wants to certify and moves mountains to get you there?

Or do you wanna be the trainee that no one wants to certify and does the bare minium requirements shedding no tears when you don't certify?

With the attitude you have right now can you guess which one you're on track to being?

Do you know what I said?

"It's almost as if people don't want uncertainty in their future. "
The guy who responded to me said the equivalent of "Go find another job". I said the system can be improved, and if you let it stay as it is, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. Inertia fixes nothing.
He later ended up agreeing with me when he pointed out the uncertainties in the system, then blew me off when I pointed that out. Tell me, should I say- wow big ATC man! You're correct! I am wrong! No, he resorted to pointing out my lack of experience as a weakness (unrelated to the original argument) as a way to get a shot in.

Read that argument and tell me if you get a different perspective, I'd love to see how you interpret it.

And to your question- I don't care which trainee I am. From reading this forum, if you're bad at the job, eventually you will flame out because you're dead weight and maybe lives won't be lost because you got certified from being likable instead of skill. If you're good, you're good regardless of how likable you are(and hopefully the pressure won't crack you)

Are you arguing at how broke the system is and you haven't even started basics yet?
I never said the system was broken. I said it can be improved.
Anyone who reads this board can tell you that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said the system was broken. I said it can be improved.
Anyone who reads this board can tell you that.

The point that people are trying to make is. Sure the system can be improved, but that doesn't mean it will be. If you're one of those types of people that gets bent out of shape about everything single little thing that doesn't go as you think it should, buckle up. The hiring phase of this career is the least frustrating thing about the agency, I've seen folks get PROC'd for saying 10 instead of 1-0, amongst other dumb things.

And by the way people have washed just because they aren't likable. You should absolutely care what type of trainee you are. If you choose to be the stubborn one that nobody likes you will have the worst experience even if you can do the job. Come in everyday humble and show that your teachable and we will go out of our way to help when you struggle.

Back
Top Bottom