Medical Renewal

wand_waver

Going to the AME soon. Had a minor procedure done that in no way impacts my health or any conditions I have. I was prescribed a few meds that I don’t take anymore. I was wondering if I even need to disclose this on my medical? Considering I don’t take the meds anymore I’m not sure if it’s even necessary. I’ve read that they don’t usually look for things unless they have to but at the same time I don’t want to be asked about a med I didn’t disclose. What’s the best action here? Do you really need to disclose EVERYTHING? If you’re not taking oxy, Ritalin, or some other controlled substance how do they even find out about other prescriptions?

Yes you have to disclose every medication you take and they will probably give you Grief for not disclosing it to begin with.

The flight doc doesn’t care about the medication most of the time they are worried about the condition being treated. If it turns out that the procedure/medications would have caused them to review your medical the AME might not sign off on your renewal until the flight doc goes over it.

I’ve seen it happen both ways. Where someone reports a medication and then forgets to put it on their form at the AME and then the other way where they don’t report it then they put it on the form and both ways they get moody.

It really depends on what the procedure/meds were though. Hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom