Microsoft Office for Government Employee s

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
I know that government employees used to be eligible to purchase Microsoft Office for like $10. Trying to find this again for a new computer but all I can find is an option for Microsoft 365 for $49/year. Anyone have any idea if the program has changed or where to find the $10 option?

Yeah. I tried to find it the other day and the DOD only provides a tiny discount on Microsoft 365.

Found someone to chat with and he did confirm. Program changed in June or July of 2019. We now get 30% off of Microsoft 365 HUP. Oh well, the old program was awesome though.

The google sweet has really matured. It’s web based and it’s all there. We use sheets to manage our household budget and me and my gf can log in from out iPhones or computers and it’s all there in real time. Awesome. Free.

Yeah it sucks this changed, it’s ridiculous paying $10 or whatever it was felt like stealing but paying $70 a year is over the top inflation. I bought it for a year because I was desperate and needed it on short notice but when that runs out I’ll buy a older version of permanent MS Office for $100 or so and have it for years.

Wow... I am so glad I got mine before this. If you have the old email from when you bought it last time, try installing it on the new computer. I was able to install it a second time; It was technically the same computer but the hard drive had failed, so it was a completely new install. Maybe it will work for you.

Why not try Libreoffice? It is FREE and legal for everyone as it is open source, albeit it may or may not suit your needs. I've never had an issue with it myself, but I've heard people complain. Still, it's worth a shot if you're looking to save $$$.

Yes to be clear, you can easily install it on Windows, Mac OS, other of course OSes like Linux. The only key thing to remember when using it is to save using proprietary MS Office formats and not the Open Document options (as the rest of the world uses the Microsoft formats). Ie: DOCX and not ODT, etc.

Throught EAP and the Lifemart Discount center there is currently a 82% promotion where you can get Office 2021 lifetime usage for one computer for $39.99

Microsoft Office Home & Business 2021: Lifetime License
I'm not a huge spreadsheet person but is there anything excel can do that sheets on chrome can't? I've stopped using office because I usually just use the Google equivalent and not sure if there's a good reason to switch

I've used GVG Mall for my Windows and Office software needs for my last 3 computer builds. Windows/Microsoft really wants to push people into the BS yearly subscription model for Office, so even if you buy a key for a normal copy of Office it takes a while to actually get it activated.

Back
Top Bottom