Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
568/14/2022

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Hey guys. I just got placed at MMU. Anyone knowledgeable on the area and on where it's not 2500 a month for a broom closet?

Hey guys. I just got placed at MMU. Anyone knowledgeable on the area and on where it's not 2500 a month for a broom closet?
Try Hackettstown; also if you’re willing to commute an hour you can live in East Stroudsburg, PA or Easton, PA. I worked in Parsippany after college and lived in Morristown but had roommates to make it easier.

Morristown is awesome. I grew up in Andover which is about 30 min northwest. Morristown itself and the immediate area is super expensive, but if you go 20 min north, south, or west it gets much better. East gets closer to the city and I don’t believe gets any cheaper but I’m not as familiar with that area. West is suburban turning into rural the farther you go.

But check out: Dover, Roxbury, Randolph, Flanders, Mt. Olive, Hackettstown and that general area. Or as someone else said if you’re willing to commute an hour look in PA.

Montclair is cool town as well. I lived there for a few years. Probably 25/30 minute drive from MMU. It’s easy to hop on the Bay Ave train and get into NYC- you can be in the city in 30 minutes.

Montclair is cool town as well. I lived there for a few years. Probably 25/30 minute drive from MMU. It’s easy to hop on the Bay Ave train and get into NYC- you can be in the city in 30 minutes.

Yeah Montclaire/Monmouth are both good choices too. And they’re college towns so housing might be easier to find.

I second West Orange. Union also had some fairly cheap apartments available near Kean University. Montclair and Morristown are awesome places to live but they’ve blown up since the pandemic. $2500 might get you a studio somewhere or a bigger place that’s falling apart. If you don’t mind a longer commute check out the Bloomfield/Nutley/Clifton area. You should be able to find something in and around Wayne as well. Can’t speak for western NJ but I can’t imagine it’s more expensive. Don’t even consider by a house yet unless you have a trust fund/inheritance/rich spouse. The market is insane

Back
Top Bottom