Dismiss Notice
Much more information and resources are available to registered users. Sign up now to take full advantage of the site!

N90 CPC bid

Discussion in 'General' started by rhombus, Jan 18, 2018.

1. rhombus

rhombus Developmental

New announcement is up on USAJOBS.

In the Qualifications section:

Employees that have not been facility radar certified at a level 10 or above Terminal facility will be required to pass the Ten Eleven Twelve Radar Assessment (TETRA). Please read the New York TRACON (N90) Academy and Employee Transfer Procedures at https://www.faa.gov/jobs/media/NY_Tracon_Transfer_Procedures.pdf.

Attached Files:

DankVectorz, Jordan and Uscolt45 like this.
  2. jdatc

jdatc Certified

So would that mean they would send center people who wanted to go to terminal to RTF? At least that’s how I read the flow chart.

Seems like a better approach then just flinging bodies at N90 and hoping. At least this way they could weed out some people before they hit the door....

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Certified

Why close out the bid for a new one, yet make a referral list on the old one?

Kilo popa and clr2lnd like this.
  4. clr2lnd

clr2lnd Chow Runner

Literally sitting here wondering the same thing

5. DankVectorz

DankVectorz Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    N90 New York Tracon
    Because this one got rid of the level 8 requirement and added the whole TETRA thing. Afaik that's the only difference.

6. DankVectorz

DankVectorz Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    N90 New York Tracon
    Hopefully. Center transfers, at least in my sector, historically don't do very well here.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Certified

Yeah it did. Just saying it doesn’t make sense to refer people if they intend on them having to reapply

8. rhombus

rhombus Developmental

My only guess is that they kept our applications semi-active so we wouldn't have to re-apply when the qual change went into effect.

Does anybody know if receiving a TOL on this bid will effect ERRs I have in the system? I'm assuming accepting a TOL will remove the ERRs but will only receiving one drop them out? I may actually have a shot on this next NCEPT panel and I'd like to see it play out.

9. breakaway2000

breakaway2000 Moderator Staff Member

Your initial thought is correct. Accepting a TOL removes all ERR's in the system, receiving a TOL does not. If you decline a TOL, it will remove your ERR for that facility only. N90 is an MPP bid and handled outside of the ERR process. Although you'd be potentially blocking someone from leaving, you could receive a TOL through the NCEPT, accept it, then later find out you were selected for N90, receive a TOL from them, and decide to go to N90.

LadyLuck777 and rhombus like this.
  10. rhombus

rhombus Developmental

Alright, thanks man

11. ATCs1222

ATCs1222 Certified

This is weird, the usajob website was updated and shows I made the referral list again on that level 8 continuous bid that just closed on 1/16/2018, which I was not hired for last year. I guess it happened because of this new CPC bid that just came out. Happened to any of you guys? Thanks...

Kilo popa likes this.
  12. Kilo popa

Kilo popa FNG

This also happened to me. Even thou I didn’t have the 8 requirement. Going to put in for the new bid now and just sit with both. Hopefully they can transfer my old application and that’s why they did it .

13. ATCs1222

ATCs1222 Certified

Ya me too, thanks good luck!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  14. ekkojohn

ekkojohn Chow Runner FAA

FAA Facility:
    ZBW Boston Center
    Received my TOL over two weeks ago with the FOL last week. Was picked up from the CPC bid prior to Jan. 1, reporting to N90 on July 1 with OKC dates one week later.

15. clr2lnd

clr2lnd Chow Runner

Nice! What level are you coming from??

16. ekkojohn

ekkojohn Chow Runner FAA

FAA Facility:
    ZBW Boston Center
    11 Center

clr2lnd likes this.
  17. ATCs1222

ATCs1222 Certified

Congrats and good luck

18. ATCs1222

ATCs1222 Certified

What do you guys think? With this new CPC bids, what’s the chance of 7 and below Radar CPCs getting selected? Reality tells me that they would only go to 7 and below when the 8 and above candidates are exhausted..Reality sucks doesn’t it?!?!? SMH LOL

clr2lnd likes this.
  19. Stinger

Stinger Certified

I'd say your chances of getting selected have gone up now that the Academy has a set of classes that N90 hires have to go to unless they already have 10+ terminal experience.

ATCs1222 and LadyLuck777 like this.
  20. clr2lnd

clr2lnd Chow Runner

Hopefully it has become a matter of when, not if.

ATCs1222 likes this.