N90

Wow. With the discount, crazy. New construction too - nice. I’ve looked around for new builds. They seem hard to find in Suffolk Co.

They're all over the place. You just have to adapt your search to LI pricing. You'll be hard pressed to find anything decent (that's within a reasonable commuting distance) for under $425k, and more realistically upper 4's or lower 5's. My house is new construction but it's not what I would call fancy at all. colonial, the garage is to small to fit a car, the driveway can't fit 2 cars side by side, and it's a busy street

If I apply for n90 on usajobs how long is it taking to get to okc for the classes? Do I need to submit a err package in addition to applying on usajobs?

For any current N90 CPC'S. Two questions:
1. What's the realistic training time with all these trainees being sent there in mass?
2. What does your actual two week paycheck look like? Everyone keeps throwing a bunch of hypothetical math on here. Just want a straight up here's about what we're making currently.

1. What's the realistic training time with all these trainees being sent there in mass?
2. What does your actual two week paycheck look like? Everyone keeps throwing a bunch of hypothetical math on here. Just want a straight up here's about what we're making currently.

The bulk of the new trainees aren't there yet. The facility is going to be flooded with new people over the next six months to a year.

Depending on when you get here, just waiting for a class might take 6+ months. We can only do 4 people per sector at a time due to staffing and lab constraints and no classes or labs during the summer cause we can't take anyone off the floor. As for certifying, it'll take a little over a year after hitting the floor just to hit minimum hours in every position. I checked out minimums and it took me 14 months. Average is closer to 2-3 years after hitting the floor.

As a cpc, if I only do a 48 hour week (6 8 hour days) take home is around $4500-5000 per check (depends on if you've hit the FICA cap yet or not). As an AG coming from the Academy, I don't know what those checks look like. At D1 it was like $1700 or $2000ish if I remember correctly.

Oh and btw, for anyone coming here, if you're interested my wife is a realtor and does rentals as well. PM me if you want her contact info.

1-The biggest hurdle is getting assigned a classroom date. Once you're done with the initial time on data, the classroom, and the lab, typically you'll get somewhere around 2 to 3 hours OJT a day, but that's assuming you're rotating with your trainers. Somewhere between 12 to 18 months from the time you hit the floor is about average for most successful trainees. The more experienced, and sharper trainees have made it in less than a year, though not the norm. (This is for the EWR area, though I believe it is not far off on the other areas).

2-My typical paycheck is about 6k take home, but I don't work all the overtime available, and don't get Sunday pay. I'm at the salary cap. For reference, our biggest overtime whore in the EWR area is also at the salary cap, gets Sunday pay, works 10 hour days pretty much every day, 6 days a week, and he consistently nets over 9k with the highest paycheck I've seen at 9.7k take home. He came from MIA and even though that's also a level 12 he said he's almost doubling his take home pay here.

Last edited:
For the N90 guys, how do you bid schedules? Set days off or rotate? Long ago we had heard you guys rotated week of days and nights, is that still the case?

For the N90 guys, how do you bid schedules? Set days off or rotate? Long ago we had heard you guys rotated week of days and nights, is that still the case?

Bid schedules in seniority order by trimester. Set day off. You WILL be scheduled 6 day weeks as soon you check out in FD. Week of days week of nights still, usually 3-4 mids thrown in every month or so but you can usually swap them out if you want. Overtime on demand, just call and say you're coming in for 2 on the front or tell the sup you're going to stay for 2.

One more question guys. What's the ballpark time frame for each development step? I'm sure it varies by sector and such but just generally speaking. Thanks for all the great info

One more question guys. What's the ballpark time frame for each development step? I'm sure it varies by sector and such but just generally speaking. Thanks for all the great info

It's so varied between sector and trainee I'm not even going to venture an answer. I got D1 in 6 months, D2 4 months later, and D3 two months later and CPC 2 weeks later. Other people that got here 6 months before me were still D1 when I got CPC.

Do you train on all radar sectors in your area or is it training on 1-2 at a time?
Class for everything at once, or split up into the sectors you're training on?

Do you train on all radar sectors in your area or is it training on 1-2 at a time?
Class for everything at once, or split up into the sectors you're training on?

First you have 5-7 weeks of class for everything, then 5-7 weeks of lab where you focus primarily on the positions you do the 50,75, and 90% evals but you touch on almost everything. On the floor, at least in EWR, you generally train on 5-6 at a time which can be frustrating and I don't agree with, especially since some positions are flow dependent so depending on the time of year they may not be open often.

Back
Top Bottom