NATCA Amendments

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
I looked over some of the proposals today. Anyone have any thoughts on them? It was mostly more of the same. Various seniority change proposals, proposals to ban privatization, the if your become a sup and go back to the BUE you should not lose the entirety of your seniority thing, etc....

I looked over some of the proposals today. Anyone have any thoughts on them? It was mostly more of the same. Various seniority change proposals, proposals to ban privatization, the if your become a sup and go back to the BUE you should not lose the entirety of your seniority thing, etc....
When you take the FLM job you know what it entails, I have no qualms with people losing their seniority and restarting day one. Also... military time should never count for seniority, ever. Time in the BUE takes precedence because you are already compensated with more years towards earning 8 hours of leave a pay period. We go through these two every convention.

When you take the FLM job you know what it entails, I have no qualms with people losing their seniority and restarting day one. Also... military time should never count for seniority, ever. Time in the BUE takes precedence because you are already compensated with more years towards earning 8 hours of leave a pay period. We go through these two every convention.
Found the dude that didn’t serve and has a lot of student loan debt......

Found the dude that didn’t serve and has a lot of student loan debt......

No student debt but I did work for the Navy since the age of 20, then TSA, then FAA all as civil service so if they decided to change it I would jump quite a few people ?‍♂️. The point remains, Union time and Union time only should count towards seniority otherwise OTS/CTI hires (of which I am not one nor am I CTI, only a humble CTO hire) will never have an equal field with achieving desirable RDO’s.

No student debt but I did work for the Navy since the age of 20, then TSA, then FAA all as civil service so if they decided to change it I would jump quite a few people ?‍♂️. The point remains, Union time and Union time only should count towards seniority otherwise OTS/CTI hires (of which I am not one nor am I CTI, only a humble CTO hire) will never have an equal field with achieving desirable RDO’s.

The shocking thing is that there was only one amendment proposal to count military time this year. This particular one is needlessly complex too.

The only seniority change id consider would be somehow including time at facility, so if you’ve been one place 10 years and someone transfers in with 11 years you’re not effed. But I say that now knowing I can’t transfer anywhere else, I’m sure I’d think differently if I had the ability to transfer.

maybe also time you cpc. I certified before people who werre here a year before me so i got screwed once they CPC’d.

The only seniority change id consider would be somehow including time at facility, so if you’ve been one place 10 years and someone transfers in with 11 years you’re not effed. But I say that now knowing I can’t transfer anywhere else, I’m sure I’d think differently if I had the ability to transfer.

maybe also time you cpc. I certified before people who werre here a year before me so i got screwed once they CPC’d.

ya but there are so many variables outside of your control during training that can add plenty of time to CPC.

Back
Top Bottom