NEST facility offers for CPC-ITs

Homsar

Forum Sage
More specifically, to people who have been through the NEST recently: When you got your list of offered facilities, were they only at or below your previous certified level, or did you receive offers for facilities between your previous certified level and your current level?

I can't speak to the recent classes, but from the list and recommendations I saw when the list was public a few months back, it depends on multiple factors.
1. What level did the TRB and your ATM recommend retention at? Ex. You went from a 6 to a 12, they recommend retention at a 9 or below. List is 9's or below. You go from 6 to 12, they recommend retention at 6's or below, list was 6's or below. If your ATM simply says retain or because you're a CPC, doesn't respond, a lot of people I saw were offered something between their existing levels. The ATM recommendations can vary wildly from "Retain at a lower level facility, retain at a 7 or below tower only, retain and return to previous CPC facility, etc.
2. How far did you get through training? On average, people who were CPC-IT2 or CPC-IT3 were given better recommendations from their ATM over CPC-IT0's.

From what I recall, roughly 50% of CPC-IT washouts elect to return to their prior CPC facility. I'd imagine that is due to Article 61...

Section 3. If an employee, who was previously facility certified, transfers
and fails to achieve full certification in his/her new facility, he/she will be
provided a list of facilities for which he/she qualifies and where a vacancy
exists. The employee will select one for reassignment. This list may
include the employee's previous facility if a vacancy exists.
An employee failing to reach facility certification at two (2) consecutive
facilities, whether due to failing training or withdrawing prior to
certification, may be eligible for retention.
After achieving facility
certification and entering a new assignment requiring training, the
employee commences training with a “clean slate.”

Although your odds go up if you're a decent human being who has CPC-ed prior, the agency can terminate your employment if you wash twice in a row. If you return to your previous facility and recertify, you start with a 'clean slate' if you transfer out again.

Last edited:
I was a withdrawal, no TRB. Just had LC1/2 left at an 11 tower, got through FDCD/GC/LC3. Facrep recommended I be placed at an 8 or higher, don't know what the ATM submitted if anything.

Not closing the door on going back to the previous facility (as I'll be able to rank my previous facility within my offered list), just want an idea of what they'll give me from someone who's recently been in a similar situation.

Under the new NEST procedure (1.1.3) does anyone know how long a facility can hold a CPC-IT that has voluntarily withdrawn from training and is returning to their previous facility. I am curious as to if this is a mutually agreed upon date between the facilities or if the NEST SOP spells out a maximum length of time the process can take.

I don’t know of anything specifically but I wouldn’t expect to stay past 3 months after it’s been decided/finalized that you’re going back to your old facility

I don’t know of anything specifically but I wouldn’t expect to stay past 3 months after it’s been decided/finalized that you’re going back to your old facility

We have CPC-IT's with return rights who are still here 6 months after washing

Back
Top Bottom